Thinking of buying G310GS

Defbiker

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum.

I've doing a lot of research about my next bike and the G310GS is the first bike I want to try when dealers open on April 12th.

I do have a few concerns with the safety recalls and other stuff long term reviews have mentioned.

Side stand issue
Brakes (salt)
Alternator not charging battery enough
Headlight wobble

I don't mind safetly recalls and niggles, often brand new models have a few teething issues, it's to be expected.

So my question is really, if I'm looking at a second hand bike in a non BMW dealership, how do a confirm whether the bike has had the recalls done? Call BMW with the reg?

I'm not sure which items in the list above are safety recalls or just niggles, I'm assuming the headlight and alternator are not recalls. Is there anything I can see on the bike physically what will tell me? e.g. can I tell if the side stand issue has been solved just by knowing what to look for on the bike?

I'm very keen on getting a G31GS but just don't want to buy a bike from someone who didn't respond to any recalls and just got rid of it and then I spend the next two months getting issues sorted.

Thanks to anyone who responds! :thumb2

Don’t bother with dealer prices many low miles ones in good nick around 3k if the recall haven’t been completed Bmw dealer will fix it for free Saves you several grand Only other problem can be water pump seal get it hot and check reservoir level and for leaks from overflow pipe.
Much underrated bike for riding and exploring local lanes Frugal on motion lotion 79 mpg on mine .Loves to be revved.
If you want to save money stay away from the Rally Raid catalogue.

If you are thinking about adding some Rally Raid farkles to a G310, I'd look for one that already has them fitted as you'll save a load of money. I bought an immaculate 2018 bike with 3k miles on a the clock and over £3000 of RR kit fitted (Level 2 suspension upgrade, engine guard, spoked wheels, Scorpion exhaust, fat bars, bar riser, Power Bronze taller screen, R&G Racing rad guard etc) for £4400, delivered, from a main dealer with a 2 year warranty. I bought it from North Oxford BMW who have bought batches of RR gear and fitted it to numerous G310s as it makes them more desirable and easier to sell - though I'm not sure how they can make it pay unless they get a huge trade discount from RR as my 2018 bike effectively cost me about £1400 if you deduct the cost (to me) of the RR kit - and it came with the original wheels, rear shock, screen and exhaust!

Thanks both!

I am noticing the private sales are hovering around 3k while dealers are 3600 upwards, some of them are way over priced at dealers.

Lee, you got a hell of a deal on yours with all the RR kit on. :eek:

Had my 310 since 2018 which had the recalls mentioned, except the alternator. Been very pleased with the little single. Nice range of accessories customisations for road or for rough. Rally Raid, Hepco & Becker, Wunderlich, Givi, Nippy Norman, Touratech.
, SW-Motech. Good luck with your search.

Back
Top Bottom