Billy Bantam Lives!

Exhaust appears to stay cool enough not to take your skin off. It’s winter now, but to be fair definitely no heat shield required!

I built it light ‘cos I’m getting old and weak, (70 next) I don’t want it pinning me down to the ground :D.

I can pick it up both wheels clear of the deck which is more than I can say for my Jimmy James (photo)

Pffft! Mine burns straight through my trousers and I can only lift one wheel off the ground at a time :D

Haha, I’m the same with my James, only one wheel at once, but the Bantam is much lighter, I’ve been pretty bloody determined to build it very light, every screw or bolt with no more than one extra thread poking through a nut, using alloy where I can, sadly no titanium, too expensive. If you noticed the red anodised engine bolts on the bantam, they are 7075 grade alloy which is pretty tough.
Hopefully they will do the job, if not they’ll brake then I’ll change them for something else.

Yeah yeah but surely you won't ride it without a bash plate....then it'll be half the weight of mine :D

There yer go, bash plate now fitted and half a tank of gas....no I don’t work out, we’ll not until I asked my missus to take this photo :weights:augie

Attachments

• 7D076005-D23A-4389-AD1E-689474A1C6C3.jpg
    7D076005-D23A-4389-AD1E-689474A1C6C3.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 109
Pffft I can see where you've Photoshoped the helium balloons out :D

Attachments

• 20210311_133807.jpg
    20210311_133807.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 129
Tell you what, it was getting heavy by the time my missus took x4 bloody photos, she’s not good at taking pictures.

You should see the expression on my face by the time she took the final photo.:blast

I would offer to buy it off you if it was ever for sale but the front brake cable's too short to fit higher bars :)

I would offer to buy it off you if it was ever for sale but the front brake cable's too short to fit higher bars :)

I’ll let you know as I intending trying some bar risers!

It’s surprising just how much it costs in parts to create such a tiny bike ££££’s

Attachments

• 57249E6A-4CDB-49C6-8260-FE0F1EE475F6.jpg
    57249E6A-4CDB-49C6-8260-FE0F1EE475F6.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 120
Just seen this. That is really lovely - NO WAY could I get that covered in mud. I know that's what it's made for but I just couldn't do it. Nope.

Anyway, it's not mine so enjoy it any way that you want. :)

I will have to clean it up as it will be living in the hall :thumb

It’s surprising just how much it costs in parts to create such a tiny bike ££££’s

Yes, you could go out and buy an old twin shock 2 stroke that would do the same job for £1200 but would never feel as rewarding as building this one yourself :okay

That is one stunning looking bike, well done that man :thumb
I’m always in awe of people with the skill for that sort of work

Back
Top Bottom