TFT or not?

Martymcfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a used 850 GS. Is the TFT worth going for if i can find one with it? I assume you can do/see quite a bit more on set-up over the standard dash. I'd probasbly buy an approved-used, so warranty on TFT shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks in advance.

I’d say so. The standard dash looks like a bit of an afterthought- presumably because BMW assume most buyers will stump up for th TFT. However it seems like there are quite a few 750/850s in dealer with the regular dash. If the bike is the right spec and price and you don’t need the turn by turn nav/phone/headset integration it’s worth a punt. The only limitation with the TFT IMHO is that you only get to see one item in the top menu at a time - with a regular dash you could see the pressures and trip together etc. However, I don’t think I’d want to go back to a regular LCD dash - it just feels a bit old hat now on a “modern” style bike.

I’d say so. The standard dash looks like a bit of an afterthought- presumably because BMW assume most buyers will stump up for th TFT. However it seems like there are quite a few 750/850s in dealer with the regular dash. If the bike is the right spec and price and you don’t need the turn by turn nav/phone/headset integration it’s worth a punt. The only limitation with the TFT IMHO is that you only get to see one item in the top menu at a time - with a regular dash you could see the pressures and trip together etc. However, I don’t think I’d want to go back to a regular LCD dash - it just feels a bit old hat now on a “modern” style bike.
Thanks matty. I’ve narrowed it down to two similar spec bikes, both with TFT fortunately. Can’t wait !!

Back
Top Bottom