What wax/oil/dubbing for gloves?

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone with tips on what to rub into the leather on my gloves? These gloves are not Gore Tex, in fact their mostly unlined except under the knuckle armour.

I just thought to give them a little TLC. Obviously don't want an oily or greasy pair of gloves afterwards!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Any unscented hand cream will do it. Scented, if you really must.

Neutrogena is excellent. Trust me. Just don't go mad with it.

PS Dubbing is a sub-genre of reggae. Useless for gloves or indeed any form of leather.

the stuff they punt out at every outdoors show and bike show for leather is pretty good Renapur but it is just a blend of waxes and stuff however it is good for leather

Any unscented hand cream will do it. Scented, if you really must.

Neutrogena is excellent. Trust me. Just don't go mad with it.

PS Dubbing is a sub-genre of reggae. Useless for gloves or indeed any form of leather.
And you. You're also being straight? I mean neutrogena works? I have some of that and it's excellent on the hands.

As for dubbing. I'm still laughing

I use neutrogina on my aerostitch ropers every now and again, on problems, stitching is fine and they feel great.

I just clean them every now and again by sticking them on and washing with hand soap, dry naturally then stick them on again, a blob of neutragina or similar and rub it in just like in the hands.

And you. You're also being straight? I mean neutrogena works? I have some of that and it's excellent on the hands.

As for dubbing. I'm still laughing

I am indeed being straight.

I had a pair of BKS made to measure gloves that I lost, finding them a few years later in a box. They hadn’t cracked but the leather was (unsurprisingly) stiff. I just rubbed some Neutrogena into them. Job done. Why Neutrogena? I happened to have a tube lying about and thought it really couldn’t do any harm.

If that seems a bit too easy, I do treat my gloves with a bit of Daytona’s boot stuff. I don’t go mad with it. I just brush the gloves over with the brush I use to apply the stuff to my boots (ie I don’t apply any from the tube itself, though I’d be happy to do so *) and brush it off with the ‘off’ brush. https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com..._BwY0Hed5BVj73Q-8QWioKYqfiCz-XWwaAn5MEALw_wcB

* A little bit goes a long way.

I am indeed being straight.

I had a pair of BKS made to measure gloves that I lost, finding them a few years later in a box. They hadn’t cracked but the leather was (unsurprisingly) stiff. I just rubbed some Neutrogena into them. Job done. Why Neutrogena? I happened to have a tube lying about and thought it really couldn’t do any harm.

If that seems a bit too easy, I do treat my gloves with a bit of Daytona’s boot stuff. I don’t go mad with it. I just brush the gloves over with the brush I use to apply the stuff to my boots (ie I don’t apply any from the tube itself, though I’d be happy to do so *) and brush it off with the ‘off’ brush. https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com..._BwY0Hed5BVj73Q-8QWioKYqfiCz-XWwaAn5MEALw_wcB

* A little bit goes a long way.
I'm quite interested in that. I like neutrogena and have some. So I'm going to try a little.

Meanwhile, to give you a laugh. I looked at your link (thanks ). And it reminded me...

I have some Sidi boots - can't remember the model, but Gore Tex, leather. Well, so I thought. I was using a boot cream on them and just put up with the residue left in them.
Last year I discovered they're lorica . All that tlc wasted. But honestly, they black and I just couldn't tell.

Right. I've plumbed for the mink oil...

But I came out with some new ankle boots as well . Some good shoes in there!

Thank you for the link!!

Back
Top Bottom