Avast telling me my computer has Performance Issues

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Twenty, in fact. one issue is that there are, and I quote, Broken registry items: 270 and suggests I remove them to optimise my system integrity.

I think I might have done something similar some years ago following which I lost lots of useful features one of which were the colour calibration settings for my printer which I used for making wedding photo reprints for my business. Those days are long gone but it's made me wary of doing anything that might result in an unforeseen whoopsie.

In this case though I'm wondering if these registry items are already broken then they don't work so I won't miss them, what say you?

Please. :confused: :)

Twenty, in fact. one issue is that there are, and I quote, Broken registry items: 270 and suggests I remove them to optimise my system integrity.

I think I might have done something similar some years ago following which I lost lots of useful features one of which were the colour calibration settings for my printer which I used for making wedding photo reprints for my business. Those days are long gone but it's made me wary of doing anything that might result in an unforeseen whoopsie.

In this case though I'm wondering if these registry items are already broken then they don't work so I won't miss them, what say you?

Please. :confused: :)

Probably me being cynical, but I use the free Avast and get these all the time. In order to solve the issue you have to upgrade. Using RegEdit is certainly for the knowledgeable or the brave.

Probably me being cynical, but I use the free Avast and get these all the time. In order to solve the issue you have to upgrade. Using RegEdit is certainly for the knowledgeable or the brave.
Oh dear, that rules me out then.

I got sick of Avast pop-ups even on the paid version so I dumped it and have gone back to windows defender as recommended here.

Assuming that you're running Windows 10 I'd agree with Shakey: use Windows Defender and get rid of something that will forever nag you to buy stuff you don't need.

Assuming that you're running Windows 10 I'd agree with Shakey: use Windows Defender and get rid of something that will forever nag you to buy stuff you don't need.

I used the free Avast version for years with the same issues and agree that switching to Windows Defender is a good idea.

every anti virus i have used does this.
they are just trying to get you to pay.
i do maintenance every week , defrag and drive wipe ( Piriform )
update every morning b4 i start. run anti virus as i close.

Agree with what's been said above,I binned the free Avast because of all those messages and now use Windows Defender,works fine for me.

Kimbo

If you do think your W10 (assumed) PC is running slow you can always to a clean install following this MS process here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh note it will delete stuff ie apps will need to be re-installed so make sure you know how to get everything back. I would also suggest you save stuff like browser bookmarks pictures/docs etc as I suspect most if not all of these maybe wiped by a clean start (read the process - I cba) . If theres a load of PC vendor "freeware" clutter this may also be wiped by a clean-start (often a good thing to do!)

Back
Top Bottom