New Direct ferry to Morocco

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It’s been widely reported that United seaways are starting a new RoRo ferry from Poole to Tangier to get good to I’m without going through the EU which should be good news for us. Fingers crossed nothing on their website yet but coming soon they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds good now if we could have a direct ferry to Norway,Sweden that would fantastic .

they are apparently considering allowing motorhomes on but giving priority to freight. if anyone wants to use the service it would be good to contact them I will be :thumb

fingers crossed
Looking promising :thumb2

they are apparently considering allowing motorhomes on but giving priority to freight. if anyone wants to use the service it would be good to contact them I will be :thumb

fingers crossed

Probably because the travellers could sleep in the motorhome, different story with a bike.

Probably because the travellers could sleep in the motorhome, different story with a bike.

They wouldn't be allowed to sleep in their vehicle so they would need cabins.

I really can't see there being enough freight from the UK to Morocco to make it pay unless it's calling in to Spain or Portugal on the way.

They wouldn't be allowed to sleep in their vehicle so they would need cabins.

I really can't see there being enough freight from the UK to Morocco to make it pay unless it's calling in to Spain or Portugal on the way.

That’ll depend on the ferry design. Sleeping in a motor home is allowed on specific decks on some of the ferries that sail between Italy and Greece.

I think that quite a lot of fruit and veg heads to the UK from Morocco.

the empty trailers have to get back there somehow.

There isn't a great deal of produce out of Morocco at the moment as most of it comes from Southern Spain. I do now that some produce is trucked into Spain then onward to us and the rest of Europe. Perhaps there is a new deal in the pipeline?

Sending empty trailers back to Morocco would be totally uneconomic. Generally, trucks bring anything into the UK will either reload here or from Northern Europe and head back or go elsewhere in Europe. Empty trucks don't earn money.

Unless we are happy to accept a huge mark up on food costs, this just can't happen.

That’ll depend on the ferry design. Sleeping in a motor home is allowed on specific decks on some of the ferries that sail between Italy and Greece.

I think that quite a lot of fruit and veg heads to the UK from Morocco.

Certainly a lot of hashish used to. Should be quite a lucrative route....

Interesting. So its a freight service that may be launched? What relevance here?

Did the uk not sign a trade deal with Morocco a couple of weeks ago. I seem to remember hearing that the spanish weren't happy about it so out of curiosity looked up morocco's exports and was surprised how much of it there was. I would definitely be interested in this route opening though and, if it is freight only, can't see it being long before some enterprising person starts a company where you put your bike on his truck and fly out a couple of days later for a nice holiday.

....I would definitely be interested in this route opening though and, if it is freight only, can't see it being long before some enterprising person starts a company where you put your bike on his truck and fly out a couple of days later for a nice holiday.

Is it not already possible to freight a bike (or just about anything) from the UK to Morocco and then fly down to meet it? You can freight things from A to B to C to Z, right around the globe, if you try hard enough.

Here’s a sample: https://www.cargotoafrica.co.uk/sub/morocco/vehicle-shipping/motorcycle-shipping

I can see the attraction if you fancy 4 days on a limited service mini cruise to avoid riding through Europe to get there. But no magician or show girls. You would need to have spare time to do it or the shipping and flight is, in reality, quicker.
If retired, why not if you like watching the sea. That bit I get, I'm occasionally tempted to cross an ocean on a cargo vessel.
The return trip could be a bit busy unless port security is rather good. Can you imagine how this possible new route is being celebrated throughout northern Africa? Make people smugglers work much simpler. Could be a rather higher than normal meat content in crates of fruit and veg.

Moving root vegetables, legumes and white goods by ship requires very very few staff or facilities. . Moving people requires lots of staff, lots of facilities and lots of hassle.

Back
Top Bottom