BMW Chester, are they any good?

dave hendy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We have just moved to near Whitchurch after always living in Buckinghamshire and Berkshire and either using Vines of Guildford or Bahnstormer in Maidenhead. I am obviously after a new dealer for sales and servicing, BMW Chester is the nearest dealer to me, so I wondered what people think off them as a dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the move went smoothly for you and yours?

I'm from Buckley and previously utilised this BMW dealer (BTW, they're actually nearer to Ellesmere Port than Chester).

However, some years ago I decided to exclusively utilise Williams BMW Motorrad, Manchester for all my requirements. https://www.williamsgroup.co.uk/motorrad/

Moreover, the Williams service manager is a member of this very forum (SADJIM); absolutely no finer fellow could you hope to meet! :thumb2

I hope the move went smoothly for you and yours?

I'm from Buckley and previously utilised this BMW dealer (BTW, they're actually nearer to Ellesmere Port than Chester).

However, some years ago I decided to exclusively utilise Williams BMW Motorrad, Manchester for all my requirements. https://www.williamsgroup.co.uk/motorrad/

Moreover, the Williams service manager is a member of this very forum (SADJIM); absolutely no finer fellow could you hope to meet! :thumb2

The move took 6 months with the last 3 being extremely stressful, we have been here just over 5 weeks now and are able to put it behind us. Although not normal yet we are enjoying Shropshire

As well as Chester being the nearest, the majority of the journey seems reasonable as far as traffic and roads go. Not sure what the journey up to Manchester would be like?

I know Bahnstormer at Maidenhead are quite keen to carry on selling me bikes although it’s too far away for servicing and motorway most of the way

The move took 6 months with the last 3 being extremely stressful, we have been here just over 5 weeks now and we are enjoying Shropshire....
Shropshire is indeed a lovely place, not so sure about Whitchurch though :D ;)

I live just down the road in Nantwich, and have used Chester Motorrad on several occasions, including purchasing a used bike from them. No complaints, but usual BMW prices.

Another consideration is the Independent Ex BMW service guy on the Wirral, just past Ellesmere Port, who is on here, and features in a few threads. Worth considering.
HTH

I've bought several bikes from there - and HD downstairs.

I went to Williams Manchester for a while, who are very good.

More recently I have bought again from Chester and am perfectly happy there.

There are closer to me too.

I’ve bought a couple of bikes from Chester Motorrad and I have my bike serviced there. No real complaints.

Chester Motoradd are my local dealer and I have used them for clothing and parts. But, and this is a big but, they have never shown any interest in selling me a bike. They have never bothered to return my enquires and when in the showroom, never shown any interest in my browsing. Don’t get me wrong, I hate being tailed everywhere I go in a showroom, but they just genuinely seem disinterested.

Williams in Manchester on the other hand, cannot be any more perfect. Good introduction when you enter and and will check to see if you need anything if you are showing interest in a particular bike or bit of kit.

I have to drive right past Chester Motoradd to get to Manchester, which is a shame, and they have lost the sale of 3 new GS/GSAs from me.

Chester

I bought my last bike from there and the deal offered was considerably better than the other dealers in our area:thumby:

Thanks guys, all very interesting comments. I guess we will have to see what we think when we can go in there

If the wife doesn’t like the salesman, we won’t be buying a bike from them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or you can travel an extra 12 miles down the M53 and visit MotoRevive. My private professional workshop where you can have the luxury of having Merseyside's longest serving BMW technician service your bike with face to face service.

I used to be a technician at Chester for around eight years. They are very friendly and helpful bunch. But often understaffed and just too busy to look after everyone at once. If you pick your times then you will receive excellent service from a great team of genuine people.

You are correct. They won't follow you around the sales-floor harassing you. Because most people don't like that. You have to appreciate that 99% of people in their showroom do nothing but look around or waste their time trying to blag free test rides when they're trying to look after genuine customers.

But if you approach a salesmen with genuine interest they will do their very best to look after you. All of the sales team are very experienced and enthusiastic bikers. Which I believe is what you want more than a slimy professional salesman with polished teeth and smooth conversation who cares about nothing but you paying for his new Golf Clubs.

I have no experience of Williams. Except that it's in the centre of the shithole that is industrial manchester. At least at Chester (which is really in Little Stanney), you have a five minute walk to Cheshire oaks, you can walk down the canal path to explore the countryside, go to the Boat Museum or blag a loan bike and play on some great countryside roads.

Dave, I’m in Shropshire, about 20mins South from you. BMW Chester were very good when getting me sorted, on the day, with a final drive cover after a beach drop - don’t ask. In terms of sales, they could not beat a trade-in price by Ryebrook Wolverhampton. I can strongly recommend Rybrook. Andy Scott the Service Manager is very helpful.

Dave, I’m in Shropshire, about 20mins South from you. BMW Chester were very good when getting me sorted, on the day, with a final drive cover after a beach drop - don’t ask. In terms of sales, they could not beat a trade-in price by Ryebrook Wolverhampton. I can strongly recommend Rybrook. Andy Scott the Service Manager is very helpful.

I hadn’t considered Wolverhampton I must say, I had noticed some bikes for sale from them on Auto trader. I guess we will have to visit them all and see what we think, although you can’t always go by first impressions. As well as a few good salesmen over the years we have also been lucky with a very good service manager and parts people.

Or you can travel an extra 12 miles down the M53 and visit MotoRevive. My private professional workshop where you can have the luxury of having Merseyside's longest serving BMW technician service your bike with face to face service.

I used to be a technician at Chester for around eight years. They are very friendly and helpful bunch. But often understaffed and just too busy to look after everyone at once. If you pick your times then you will receive excellent service from a great team of genuine people.

You are correct. They won't follow you around the sales-floor harassing you. Because most people don't like that. You have to appreciate that 99% of people in their showroom do nothing but look around or waste their time trying to blag free test rides when they're trying to look after genuine customers.

But if you approach a salesmen with genuine interest they will do their very best to look after you. All of the sales team are very experienced and enthusiastic bikers. Which I believe is what you want more than a slimy professional salesman with polished teeth and smooth conversation who cares about nothing but you paying for his new Golf Clubs.

I have no experience of Williams. Except that it's in the centre of the shithole that is industrial manchester. At least at Chester (which is really in Little Stanney), you have a five minute walk to Cheshire oaks, you can walk down the canal path to explore the countryside, go to the Boat Museum or blag a loan bike and play on some great countryside roads.

I will keep you in mind for future service needs but I will probably be getting a new GS rather than 2nd hand so initially I will use the dealer I buy from.

I must admit I am not a fan of cities so going to Manchester is not my first choice of location

Williams is just outside Manchester so no need to go into the centre of the city.

Back
Top Bottom