Low suspension 700 question

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks, what actually makes the low suspension models such? Is it a shorter rear spring for instance or a completely different frame to the "Normal" bike.

Also, can a low suspension bike be converted into "normal" bike easily enough ??

Thanks all

Same frame, different shocks and forks; counter productive to convert as the ‘Factory Low’ bikes usually command a small premium, therefore you’d be spending money to make something worth less :nenau

The rear shock is shorter and there is a single component difference in the front shocks (that could probably be ignored in a conversion to standard height). Conversion also requires a longer side stand. If the low suspension bike has an aftermarket center stand then it ends up being too short and would need replacement as well.

The sidestand bracket on the low version is different to the normal hieght version.

I have a 2017 700 GS low chassis, I had a wee off last march & broke the return spring knob off.
Luckily I had a normal height sidestand in my parts stock or so I thought, but it wouldn't fit.

Plus my 2017 had a different sidestand switch ( 2nd piccy)

See piccy of parts fische

I had a normal height 650GS SE that I lowered easily buy just changing the rear shock & dropping the front forks in the yokes by 30mm..
And changing the sidestand & bracket..

For some reason you can't get a low chassis with ESA or tyre pressure monitors.
Don't know why...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-203237.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-203237.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20210313-204011.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-204011.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 75

Back
Top Bottom