E bike advice please....

Deleted account 230523001

Reaction score
....My interest has been piqued by an e bike that has an 80KM range, but the range is secondary in this case as it is the torque that I am more interested in as I have some seriously steep climbs that I would be expecting it to traverse, so my question is......Would 60nm be adequate for some serious climbs?

I know nothing of this electrickery wizardry so all knowledge would be gratefully received.:beerjug:

This is the bike, it is the Aventa Max...
https://www.furosystems.com/aventa/...KnFS55GvTBZahdZ8vWOt7RcQbXF1B9TEaAkAoEALw_wcB

Yes it will be plenty of power
Looks good - especially the weight being very low.
The range is good as well. Definitely go for the Max though.
Good price and reviews.
No idea what a rear hub motor would be like though as my e bike engine is on the crank.

Its certainly a seemingly good price.
Ask them if you can buy a spare battery with the bike.
Some of the ebikes I first looked at - yer couldn't get another battery for um. if yer can tie it to the backrack = jobs a goodun
The batteries dont like cold/icey conditions either.
I love mine - me arse to a bit of toughening up but great quiet fun. Go slower and catch the wildlife and hear the birds.
get a quick release front axel to chuckit in yer WAV
Good luck :thumby:

Looks like a cheap bike packaged with a hub motor and being sold for more than the sum of its parts...

Att if you are doing hills you want a motor at the cranks so that you can use the gears.

I think the Bafang motors get good reviews but that’s mainly the crank motors - Blue Sweeper has built one

Hi Att, looks good for the price, as others have said motor in the middle is ideal. My mate built one similar with a rear hub motor and seems to go ok, however the battery range isn't as good as mine but he carries a spare and can do 30+ miles before swapping over, including some steep ascents (Suffolk Alps!) Cheers:beerjug: John B

Bafang motor

Yes. Easily reprogrammed at home.
Reliable: yes.
Go for the one with the biggest battery. It is still light.
Bafaing aare reely seen in Europe, but they are probably the best.
I have a bike with Bafang motor for over 2 years now, with over 3000km of hard trail riding on it.

Just seen this as I didn't even know this section existed!

Bikes with external (removable) batteries are always best because then you can swap it easier. Also, crank motor for very steep off-road but hub motor will be fine for on-road so long as it's powerful.

You want torque not top speed so a good battery and at least 500watt motor, I'd go for a Bafang 750w personally and if you want torque then it needs watts, if a battery is 48v and 14aH then it gives you a peak of 672 watts (48x14) so if you go for a 52v 20aH battery it'll give you a peak of 1040 watts, a LOT more torque.

Back
Top Bottom