Best tarmac tyre for 1200/1250?

CPJS...I am with you and being completely honest getting blindfolded on the bike I would not be able to feel the difference between the PST2 and the CTA3...Both very good tires ! Have a set on PST2 on my bike right now but have not being able to ride much lately but look forward to 3/4 weeks in Mexico in october burning up another set...flipping a coin Pirelli or Conti...both very good :thumb2 Maybe by then the new Tourance Next 2 is out for sure worthy of giving a try !

I have crashed twice on bikes due to grip issues, both times on dunlops. The last time was on my current GS. I find dunlops lack feel , they grip,grip then not grip.

I will tell Mr Dunlop. ;)

I just ordered a set of the new dunlop mutants to try. Mates run the meridians and think they are great so will give these a go as practically the same.

My new 1250GS came with Bridgestone Battlax A41's, a first for me - only done 800 miles so far, wet and dry and have no complaints so far - the new feel is great, we shall see how that changes with time.

My new 1250GS came with Bridgestone Battlax A41's, a first for me - only done 800 miles so far, wet and dry and have no complaints so far - the new feel is great, we shall see how that changes with time.

They were horrendously noisy on mine - got shot pretty quick.

I just ordered a set of the new dunlop mutants to try. Mates run the meridians and think they are great so will give these a go as practically the same.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these.

S20 5G sent this......

I have noticed a change in sound as one leans the bike over but I wouldn't call it horrendous, I wear ear plugs so not an issue for me.

Fair enough.

I use a Puig touring screen, which, for me, negates the need for ear plugs.

Funny I think my Brdigestones are horrendously noisy at lower speeds. Will be going Conti TA3 as these were great on my Africa Queen

Barry

Fair enough.

I use a Puig touring screen, which, for me, negates the need for ear plugs.

Please don't ride without ear plugs, you WILL damage your hearing.
I suffer with Tinnitus, trust me, you don't want to suffer from it.
You will never hear silence again.

Genuinely, thanks for the advice.

I do have custom moulded plugs. The bike does sound like a bag of spanners without them, but not excessively loud.

With a standard, low or GSA screen (I've tried them all) they're all very noisy, but the Puig is, for me, much quieter. 70mph calls are possible with the screen on the low setting.

I was look at mutants but was not available so I got meridian and very happy.

I was going to say that but, if his screen is really quiet then maybe he can just about get away without them, but I’d not risk it.

My other half has developed tinnitus, she refused to wear ear plugs as pillion for years - hey ho.

I was going to say that but, if his screen is really quiet then maybe he can just about get away without them, but I’d not risk it.

My other half has developed tinnitus, she refused to wear ear plugs as pillion for years - hey ho.

Indeed, the problem is that by the time you realise there is a problem, it's too late.
I have always worn earplugs.
I always thought my biking days would be ended through crook knees or just getting too old, not by tinnitus.
I am buying the quietest helmet and earplugs I can, if that does not work, then it's goodbye folks.

Indeed, the problem is that by the time you realise there is a problem, it's too late.
I have always worn earplugs.
I always thought my biking days would be ended through crook knees or just getting too old, not by tinnitus.
I am buying the quietest helmet and earplugs I can, if that does not work, then it's goodbye folks.

I'm not sure how long you've had your tinnitus but perhaps it's worth noting that it's not at all uncommon for the brain to learn to tune out the very worse of the aberrant signals after a time. In my case, the sound was horrendous, and I felt I couldn't live with it. It probably took a good year to quieten down, and I do live with a constant ringing in my ears and a hum, but for much of the time I'm not actively aware of it unless I turn my attention to it, as I am doing now.

So the message is, it can get better, much better.

After that it's of course about avoiding further damage. My tinnitus occurred more than 20 years ago. I'm not aware that, following the described improvements, it's then got any worse in the 4 years I've been back to riding.

Just fitted Michelin Trail 5 which is a tarmac tyre.....don’t ask.....at £330 fitted on bike. Had to wait as on back order but prices going up because ...... covid, chip shortage......chose your reason.

What is the typical price for two tyres fitted?

Back
Top Bottom