Best tarmac tyre for 1200/1250?

Mutant just fitted to my XR1000.....been running with roadtec 01 for years on my K12 and loved them.
Not so much on XR

Initial thoughts:

First 90 miles scrubbing in...unreal grip from outset compared to road 01
No dramas, slips or slides
Profile looks a little different
All dry miles so far so not yet compared wet weather grip
Mileage on road tec was always good

Mutant just fitted to my XR1000.....been running with roadtec 01 for years on my K12 and loved them.
Not so much on XR

Initial thoughts:

Wrong section 👍

My GSA came with the battalax noisy bar steward front tyre. :blast
Being a grippit Scotsman, I will live with it until the back is ready for replacement then both will go for my favoured Contis.
Although have to say, the rear tyre is wearing ever so well.
It has done c3000 and looks new, I normally get about 4000 out a rear Conti.

Not so much on XR

Initial thoughts:

Keep us updated on the Mutants.
I would love to hear how they steer and how the blocky thread design wears after a few hard miles

S20 5G sent this......

Keep us updated on the Mutants.
I would love to hear how they steer and how the blocky thread design wears after a few hard miles

S20 5G sent this......

An XR and a GS are different so the info would be hard to relate to the GS , nice to know how they run tho.

An XR and a GS are different so the info would be hard to relate to the GS , nice to know how they run tho.
I have neither a GS nor an XR but there is very little info (actual info and not marketing drivel) on the WWW

Sorry for crashing the wrong section, I would love some feedback on the tyres.

It's like I've been caught with the "dress code" while trying to get into a nightclub I've never been in before

S20 5G sent this......

It's pretty much your personal opinion of the Conti TA3 that convinced me to try them.

S20 5G sent this......

I have the A41s on my new GS and find them very noisy, puts me in mind of the Anakee (Anadin) 3s i had on my Crosstourer. Only done 350 miles on the bike so far and seem ok other than the racket.
Best tyres i had on the Honda were the Road 5s but they didnt seem to last very long.

Back
Top Bottom