Which 1 🤔

davy1100

Reaction score
Hi folks I currently own an 09 tiger 1050 lowered 35 mm 😏 now my question is what model or spec I should be lookin for in a gs 1200 something between 2012 and 2015 is my price range I would like sat nav etc is there any model year to avoid im not bothered about the adventure as most of my riding is road but I wouldn't rule 1 out all down to seat height all help and advice much appreciated

As you have a lowered Tiger I'd suggest you look for a factory lowered GS to try, though they arn't as top heavy as the Triumph triples so don't discount a standard one and possibly try them too as there will be more choice. I've had 3 so far MY2016-2020, all lowered and the seat height is IIRC 800mm on my latest one, so the earlier ones should be similar. I'd go for either one of the last TCs or as late an LC as you can find. The factory lowered ones don't hang around for long though (both mine were in the dealers for under 2 weeks before being sold) so if you find a decent one I'd suggest you see it quickly. The GSAs are taller than the GS' with a factory lowered GSA being similar in height to a standard GS at around 850mm Good luck with your search.

Is tc the oil cooled model and am I right in thinking te is too spec ie suspension settings and sat nav

Yes TC is oil cooled. Twin Cam (TC). LC is liquid cooled. On a factory lowered TC GS you don't get automatic suspension settings. Its manual adjustment only. Never an issue when I had mine. TC has normal dash and a little computer like digital readout for MPG, tyre pressure etc but not TFT screen

Is tc the oil cooled model and am I right in thinking te is too spec ie suspension settings and sat nav

Yes the TC was the last of thecair/oil cooled models. The TE model has many of the options included as standard but varies year to year (in general they add items to the TE that were previously not included on that model) IIRC the early ones will have the semi active suspension, heated grips, extra riding modes and the sat nav prep as standard (maybe other stuff too I'm not aware of) and could have other accessories too if the original purchaser added them to the configurator. Things like the TFT, hill start assist, GSAP and keyless came as standard on the later bikes from 2018 on. HTH

Hey Davy can you post some pictures of your 1050 with all the relevant details as it so happens my mate is looking for one
Cheers
Dub

Hi dub I can't post pics as not a full member yet are you on Facebook or whats app i could send pics and details not sure whats allowed don't want to annoy club moderators

Hi Davy I'm on what's app you don't have private message facilities do you

Good to meet you all ollie I've now subscribed just have to find a gs now, hope you all got home safe and Neil is happy with the Big Tiger 🐅 😎

Cheers pal pleasure meeting you too. Neil is as happy as a pig in the proverbial.
Hope you find the bike your looking for .
Have to say the Tiger is a credit to you only sorry I didn't have the money and space otherwise I'd have bought it.

Back
Top Bottom