Air bed

Wapping

Reaction score
This was a new one on me.

https://www.westhikers.co/

Which may interest some here.

f27c974e2ee5d8f2740c1695efac00c1.png

8a1b92b67761e87030e0b33b2a13c82d.png

Looks good. Wish I'd have spotted this ^^^^^ a month ago.

Of a similar product I took a punt on this in Costo last month.
It packs down small and literally took 15 puffs of my aging lungs to inflate.The pillow is in the small bag.
Like the above mattress, I was impressed with it's packed size and ease of inflation.
If it turns out to be rubbish I'll buy the above.
IMHO other (self-inflate) mattresses don't compare with an airbed for comfort.

Attachments

• IMG_20210315_072603278.jpg
    IMG_20210315_072603278.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 857
looks good. Likely i'll take a punt at that as the Mrs. needs a blow up matress so i don't have to LEND my Exped to her when we camp together.

Tiny pack size, low weight & durability are never a happy threesome in my experience!

I'll keep my eye on this one ... while wondering why the competition can't even touch these claims?

With me and her having tried a double air bed;; never again; 2 singles pushed together; or even further apart if it's like that.:D

A long time ago we went camping on our honeymoon in a Ford Anglia around Scotland.

The Lilo double airbed didn't survive!

When we got home I took it back and using the credit note they gave me I bought a set of chisels.

I'm still using them over 50 years later. There's a moral in there somewhere.

tom

I think Finn had one in Iceland last year (I could be wrong but someone had one. ) seemed pretty good to me. At that price it's almost affordable.

Tiny pack size, low weight & durability are never a happy threesome in my experience!

I'll keep my eye on this one ... while wondering why the competition can't even touch these claims?

It's probably because they've developed a new lighter material and only a few companies have ran with it. Early days.

Went to buy one but despite initially being listed as £43.95 the price changed to $59.99USD at checkout . The website has a copyright dated 2021 , I can’t find where they are based , presumably US , but they state they have European locations too and yet the delivery time is 15-25 days....I signed up to get their voucher code for 5% off first order and that all worked and seemed very professional. I’ve left the mattress in the basket now whilst I mull it over.

Had an email message from them offering me a 10% reduction , presumably because I left it in the basket .

Seems a bit desperate for a class leading product at a third of the price of an Exped.

I'm shying away rapidly ... too good to be true - Can only disappoint I'm thinking?

It looks to thin to me to supply of any kind of comfort. I also think it's too narrow and I'd end up rolling off it. I'm out.

Just returned from a 10 day camping trip using a 1 inch thick Outwell self inflating bed.
At 120kg’s body mass, it felt as if the mattress was struggling (complaining) to float me off the ground. Especially as I try to sleep on my side most of the time.

So looking for something else thicker wise.

Self inflating or the blow-up type?
May also consider one with a bigger / separate pillow section.

Will begin reading this thread from the start.

Patria o Muerte

I suggest, either:

A. Exped Synmat UL LW https://www.exped.com/international/en/product-category/mats/synmat-ul-lw

B. Exped Downmat 9 LW https://www.exped.com/international/en/product-category/mats/downmat-9-lw

Both pack up reasonably small, are well made and (with a bit of simple care) will last a long time. To store them when not in use, simply follow the maker’s instructions. Likewise, inflating and deflating, too.

PS You don’t say which model of Outwell air bed you have. The thinnest (least depth) currently listed is 5cm (2 inches). You say yours is 1 inch (2.5cm)

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/campin...G2ymlZPuYZkkWBCR3oxoCRFcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Exped Downmat, superb.

Mattress Pro, "your body absorbs cold 10x faster from the ground than it does from the cold air". What is this cold that they talk about? If this is a reflection of their scientific knowledge i think I'll stick with my Exped.

Exped Downmat, superb.

Mattress Pro, "your body absorbs cold 10x faster from the ground than it does from the cold air". What is this cold that they talk about? If this is a reflection of their scientific knowledge i think I'll stick with my Exped.

+1 for the Exped Downmat. I've been going camping for over 60 years and only discovered these a couple of years ago. Best ever. Don't blow up by mouth, the damp wrecks the down insulation, use the "Snozzell bag". Don't store compressed, again it wrecks the feathers. I store mine hanging in a wardrobe.

tom

Back
Top Bottom