*** Official Dent Event 2021 Cancelled ***

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but it has to be so ...

Step 2, no earlier than 12 April:

Non-essential retail, personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons, and public buildings, such as libraries and community centres, will reopen.
Most outdoor attractions and settings, including zoos, and theme parks, will also reopen although wider social contact rules will apply in these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households. Drive-in cinemas and drive-in performances will also be permitted.
Indoor leisure facilities, such as gyms and swimming pools, will also reopen - but only for use by people on their own or with their household.
Hospitality venues can serve people outdoors only. There will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcohol, and no curfew - although customers must order, eat and drink while seated.
Self-contained accommodation, such as holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.
Funerals can continue with up to 30 people, and the numbers able to attend weddings, receptions and commemorative events such as wakes will rise to 15 (from 6).

Step 3, no earlier than 17 May:

Outdoors, most social contact rules will be lifted - although gatherings of over 30 people will remain illegal.
Outdoor performances such as outdoor cinemas, outdoor theatres and outdoor cinemas can reopen.. Indoors, the rule of 6 or 2 households will apply - although we will keep under review whether it is safe to increase this.
Indoor hospitality, entertainment venues such as cinemas and soft play areas, the rest of the accommodation sector, and indoor adult group sports and exercise classes will also reopen.
Larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is lower) will also be allowed, as will those in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4000 people or half-full (whichever is lower).
In the largest outdoor seated venues where crowds can spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).
Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions and wakes, as well as funerals. Other life events that will be permitted include bar mitzvahs and christenings.

See ya's at Portsoy :beerjug:

Could it not just be rescheduled to a date once restrictions are lifted ??

The only option. Pity but that's the current situation.

Portsoy could get busy! :beerjug:

Any possibility to reschedule to late June or July or does it have to be May 2021

Just a thought??

Could it not just be rescheduled to a date once restrictions are lifted ??

It could be but getting dates sorted is always a problem .... I like to keep clear of June, July and August, and kids :rob

The only option. Pity but that's the current situation.

Portsoy could get busy! :beerjug:

Could well be Alastair ... I'll be up there before then though ;)

:beerjug:

The right decision Micky, no choice really. I'm still going to go for my usual 4 nights. I'm sure a few independents will turn up.

That's a bummer. But understand the decision.

I didn't realise it was one of those events... glad it's cancelled now I know this. :D

Shouldn't this be on the Michael Barrimore topic?

I knew I should have chosen a better word.:D

Its such a shame this is cancelled as it’s a great event . It’s definitely the right decision :( :(

However , as the campsite is open and I’ve already booked the Friday off work i’m probably going to book with Margaret anyway, it’s a lovely spot with some great roads nearby.

Might see a couple of you up there if anyone else is still about that weekend. Otherwise see you in Portsoy. :thumb

I’m booked in the pub. Already carried it over from last year so think I’ll turn up anyway.

Such a shame but I think I'll rock up for a couple of nights and enjoy the local roads.

With any luck, I'll bump into someone I know...........

Back
Top Bottom