Andres,is it here yet?

Weird, as my bike doesn’t lean over any more than normal.
Will you be getting a new outfit ?
How about this ?

76f4b1358656fb5578123300a227a8fc.jpg

Your seat doesn't look the most comfortable for touring on.

My KTM 525EXC seat was good enough for 15 miles and no more!

Your seat doesn't look the most comfortable for touring on.

My KTM 525EXC seat was good enough for 15 miles and no more!

Seat Concepts! :thumb2

I'm sure Andres has one on order (or has at least looked at a picture) ....;)

Seat Concepts! :thumb2

I'm sure Andres has one on order (or has at least looked at a picture) ....;)

I'll see how it goes, I've never been one to fuck around with seats as I've never (yet) had issues with any bike. Back when I was 'young' I rode to Spain and back on my old CCM 604e without a problem and used to travel all around on it, more recently I rode down to The Vince on my old Husky so I'm hoping my arse is still as hard as it once was :)

SC's don't, yet, do a seat for the 2021 but if I find the seat an issue Husky do a very reasonably priced (1/2 that of SC's) 'touring' seat for it..........

Andres

Looks good Andres. Out of interest what mileage would you do on that per day touring wise ?

Looks good Andres. Out of interest what mileage would you do on that per day touring wise ?

Feck knows.....er I see my travels being mostly on back roads and main roads, no M-ways (unless really necessary) so 2-300 a day max :nenau These days I'm more interested in the view and frequent stops for coffee (and at my age a piss).

If I want to cover miles travelling with Amanda then we have the outfit for that.

Andres

I don't know if they've changed the stand on the latest models. Not heard anything. The problem with my side stand was not just the lean angle, but that on anything but very level ground, I'd have to lean the bike the opposite way to allow the stand to swing forward into position. Often impossible off road, and not helped by the nosebleed seat height.

I didn't take 2 inches out, I took 20mm out and I think that's enough, though some seem to favour 25 or 30mm. At 20mm chopped it leans slightly too far on flat ground, but convenience is improved massively.

I thought about doing something similar to Tim's adjustable mod, but I just got the urge to hack into it one day on a whim took the simple route. I also worried that the extra weight would make the side stand flap about in use. Mainly I was just lazy :D

I'll see how it goes, I've never been one to fuck around with seats as I've never (yet) had issues with any bike. Back when I was 'young' I rode to Spain and back on my old CCM 604e without a problem and used to travel all around on it, more recently I rode down to The Vince on my old Husky so I'm hoping my arse is still as hard as it once was :)

SC's don't, yet, do a seat for the 2021 but if I find the seat an issue Husky do a very reasonably priced (1/2 that of SC's) 'touring' seat for it..........

Andres

You probably won’t , but if you decide one day to get a Renazco seat, I’m more than happy to take the OE seat (or spare) to San Francisco and post from there to James in Santa Rosa . $20 instead of £75 !

They look like 'Doubletake mirrors' - awesome quality and have them on my Tiger 900.

https://www.doubletakemirror.com/

RBW.

They are .
I bought them mainly to annoy Cat Weazle as he seems to get very emotional if anybody should spend their own money on a bike and then use it in a different manner to what he thinks is the only way :))

I don't know if they've changed the stand on the latest models. Not heard anything. The problem with my side stand was not just the lean angle, but that on anything but very level ground, I'd have to lean the bike the opposite way to allow the stand to swing forward into position. Often impossible off road, and not helped by the nosebleed seat height.

I didn't take 2 inches out, I took 20mm out and I think that's enough, though some seem to favour 25 or 30mm. At 20mm chopped it leans slightly too far on flat ground, but convenience is improved massively.

Ah, sorry my mistake and yes, that now makes lots of sense......I'll see how it goes.

Andres

You probably won’t , but if you decide one day to get a Renazco seat, I’m more than happy to take the OE seat (or spare) to San Francisco and post from there to James in Santa Rosa . $20 instead of £75 !

Appreciated, thank you very much :beerjug:

Andres

I also have the Doubletake Adventure mirrors on my 701. A good solution, but they do move sometimes and need adjusting/tightening during a day out. If I bought again, I would be tempted by their slightly less clunky looking Enduro or Scrambler mirrors.

https://www.doubletakemirror.com/build/components

I’d planned to get the Enduro mirrors but Jonathan at Rugged Roads didn’t rate them so I went for the Adv ones instead . They’re better than the OE mirrors for viewing area and obviously useful for making progress through the Darien Gap :)

Doubletake (my pref is Adventure jobs) every time. They might look like a school science experiment but are tough as old boots, easy to repair, super adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom