New bike for me

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it is me birthday after all :D

After a long time uming and rrring I’ve gone and got a fantic 300 BUT it has a 240 motor in it . Not sure why but it has. It will probably turn out I will get a 300 engine and put that in but for now I just have a few little jobs to do . Mainly rebuild the rear shocks , new throttle cable and new inlet manifold then give it a check over.
I’m hoping to do a few events this year all being well and possibly a two day classic trial abroad in the future.

For the moment I’ve just dropped it at my mates unit where I’ll go to work on it when my parts arrive :thumb2
I’ve got the seat , tank, panels etc just not the tank badges

It’s going to be something I want to just ride before I start spending too much on it otherwise is too easy to get carried away
This is it

Attachments

• 86EC109E-569A-4145-A7EC-EE63FE9E77E3.jpg
    86EC109E-569A-4145-A7EC-EE63FE9E77E3.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 313
  • C27167E5-0CF0-4278-B438-7850BA52B608.jpg
    C27167E5-0CF0-4278-B438-7850BA52B608.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 318
Well it is me birthday after all :D

After a long time uming and rrring I’ve gone and got a fantic 300 BUT it has a 240 motor in it . Not sure why but it has. It will probably turn out I will get a 300 engine and put that in but for now I just have a few little jobs to do . Mainly rebuild the rear shocks , new throttle cable and new inlet manifold then give it a check over.
I’m hoping to do a few events this year all being well and possibly a two day classic trial abroad in the future.

For the moment I’ve just dropped it at my mates unit where I’ll go to work on it when my parts arrive :thumb2
I’ve got the seat , tank, panels etc just not the tank badges

It’s going to be something I want to just ride before I start spending too much on it otherwise is too easy to get carried away
This is it

Nice bikes

been and done a couple of jobs on it today new carb to airbox rubber, tank and panels on , chain on new throttle cable done .just have to rebuild the rear shocks and its ready to go :thumb

Good job - I have a 240 professional , which I have had from 6 months old !! (the bike - not me). Totally standard and original apart from tyres. The 300 when it came out , had the reputation of being a bit of an animal (power delivery wise ??) - lots of folks went back to the 240 ............. maybe this explains ?? ............. maybe not. Values have gone a bit mad , better if one didn't know what I paid for a 6 month old one (circa 1982 /83 ? .... have the receipt somewhere) Did a twinshock event about three years ago , and that was the last serious use it's had ... some day , some day....

Good job - I have a 240 professional , which I have had from 6 months old !! (the bike - not me). Totally standard and original apart from tyres. The 300 when it came out , had the reputation of being a bit of an animal (power delivery wise ??) - lots of folks went back to the 240 ............. maybe this explains ?? ............. maybe not. Values have gone a bit mad , better if one didn't know what I paid for a 6 month old one (circa 1982 /83 ? .... have the receipt somewhere) Did a twinshock event about three years ago , and that was the last serious use it's had ... some day , some day....

must be great having a bike so long. maybe that is the reason for an engine change guess I won't find out as the PO didn't know. I did have a 240 a few years ago it was a really nice one I imported back from Spain but unfortunately sold it I only did one 2 day event in Belgium on it but it was a great event.
im going to keep this one longer for sure :okay:beerjug:

Hope you enjoy it at least half as much as I enjoyed my Fantic
P1000151-X2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom