The 701 Info Thread.

Question - has anyone here used the Husky wind screen. Does it make a worthless difference or just create turbulence?

I think it is very similar to the KTM690 windscreen.

In which case, I have the KTM version fitted to my 690 and it made a massive difference for me - really comfortable now up to M-way speeds and above and that’s with a Shoei Hornet ADV peaked helmet. I’m 5 foot 11 and it is the perfect height to take just enough of the wind off my chest without creating any noticeable turbulence around my head. Hope that helps!

Agree with Toddmeister comments 100%. My 701 has the Husky screen, a slight flip makes quite a difference and I really don't feel buffeting until motorway speeds or on a windy day. Most of the time it is fine for me at 6ft 1".

I think it is very similar to the KTM690 windscreen.

In which case, I have the KTM version fitted to my 690 and it made a massive difference for me - really comfortable now up to M-way speeds and above and that’s with a Shoei Hornet ADV peaked helmet. I’m 5 foot 11 and it is the perfect height to take just enough of the wind off my chest without creating any noticeable turbulence around my head. Hope that helps!

Agree with Toddmeister comments 100%. My 701 has the Husky screen, a slight flip makes quite a difference and I really don't feel buffeting until motorway speeds or on a windy day. Most of the time it is fine for me at 6ft 1".

Thanks both - something else to put on the shopping list :augie

Question - has anyone here used the Husky wind screen. Does it make a worthless difference or just create turbulence?

I also have the Husky screen, it looks like it won't benefit you much due to its small size but it works a treat. Buy one!

I'd be tempted to buy a 2023 701 when they come out, don't use it, sell it 6 months later when demand outweighs supply and make a few quid on it.

Better still keep your fingers crossed and see if Husqvarna announce the launch of a new 2023 701 LR. It's common knowledge that significant demand is there for the model to be made available n the UK. I would definitely purchase an LR if they re-introduced them here.

I'd be tempted to buy a 2023 701 when they come out, don't use it, sell it 6 months later when demand outweighs supply and make a few quid on it.

Better still keep your fingers crossed and see if Husqvarna announce the launch of a new 2023 701 LR. It's common knowledge that significant demand is there for the model to be made available n the UK. I would definitely purchase an LR if they re-introduced them here.

If you can negotiate a discount on the 23 model you may stand a chance of making profit, but I think dealers will hold out for list price meaning you would have to sell for more than that, unlikey I would say. An LR though, different story name your price if supply is more limited.

If you can negotiate a discount on the 23 model you may stand a chance of making profit, but I think dealers will hold out for list price meaning you would have to sell for more than that, unlikey I would say. An LR though, different story name your price if supply is more limited.

The LR was discontinued because it failed emission laws for Euro5.
Something to do with the link pipe between the tanks apparently.
Doubt you’ll ever see it again.
Should have probably kept mine.
Great bike

37556138b60427a95270e9dd666bac83.jpg

I also have the Husky screen, it looks like it won't benefit you much due to its small size but it works a treat. Buy one!

Cheers Wes - I would but in the usual Husky/KTM way - it's on back order and due maybe sometime in December :blast

The standard 701 can be converted to the LR version with the Husqvarna kit. Not cheap at £1800.

When new I seem to recall the difference in the price between Standard and LR was a bit less than the conversion kit, so for those who wanted one at the time this was a no brainer really. When I went to enquire, the dealer told me to join the queue, then it suddenly dissappered from the line up. Having said that they only ever managed to get 2 LRs for customers, so I do wonder if it was ever reintroduced to what extent supply would be very limited. Like you Wes I would order one as soon as they were released, but then I would sell the current standard bike rather than collect them, LOL.

Cheers Wes - I would but in the usual Husky/KTM way - it's on back order and due maybe sometime in December :blast

.......managed to find a screen in stock at Lings (last one in the country as far as I can tell) so hopefully should get it sooner rather than later :)

You should have
You made it your own
One to keep at the back of the garage

You’re right .
Sold it to get a better two up bike (SA1290R) which turned out not to be that comfortable two up
Though to be fair I had a blast on the 701LR to the Picos and back , and there are better bikes for my knackered knees.

Bar Risers

Despite having fitted 20mm lower foot pegs I still find the bars a bit low when stood up on the pegs.

Managed to get a set of KTM 51mm risers off fleabay - standard are 36mm so 15mm higher which should be sufficient.

Straight fit and no problems with the cables.

Part number 79001939051.

Does anyone know if the Perun moto rack fit with the Nomad soft luggage rack as per the items in the links below. Seems to me that they will fit together looking at the mounting points but defer to those with greater knowledge.

Many thanks

https://www.perunmoto.com/products/husqvarna-701-luggage-rack

https://www.nomad-adv.com/store/p1009/Nomad_Soft_luggage_rack_for_HQV_701.html

Not sure, but why not get the Nomad rear rack as well , which is designed to integrate with the side racks ?

1b8528cc69f38e80539642be23c6ca50.jpg

I had a go on the GasGas ES 700 today on Judd Racing's demo bike. OMG, the East Mids rideout would have been a breeze on this compared to my Tiger :okay . Finds grip everywhere and a piece of piss to ride on byeways. I'd have had a crack at the hill I dodged on this, and wouldnt have got stuck in the clay.

They have an amazing offer on their one remaining red bike (£800 off and 0 percent finance), which I'm tempted with as quite like the colour but I'm not sure you can fit a quickshifter to the GasGas one as couldn't find it in online catalogue and I really really want a QS.

I may order a 701 for March. Anyone know if you can take these bikes to ABR, or are they classed as Enduro's ?

Only comments are it was super tall, so on tiptoes but manageable and I needed risers on the bars as was hunched over stood up.

52494632881_64824135dd_b.jpg

EMB

I think QS is standard , how do ya want ya ktm 690- orange, red, or white:D

I also thought the Gas Gas had the quick shifter as standard same as the 690/701's and which is really good on mine :D Double check with Judd.

Had same issue with riding position but think I have largely sorted with the lower pegs and bar risers mentioned earlier which will also fit the GG.

Think you can take them to ABR as they come with pillion pegs (usually in a separate bag and never fitted to the bike ;))

I have also ridden that bike although I tested it properly and went to Costa :augie

If you like red then the GG is a no brainer :thumb

UPDATE

The GG website definitely says it has quickshifter - just keep scrolling down and you come to it: https://gasgas.com/en-int/models/travel/es-700-2023.html

Back
Top Bottom