The 701 Info Thread.

Bit of a noob question perhaps but what's the widest tyres that will fit the standard enduro rims?

A 140/80 Tracker fits fine, and that's the biggest size of Tracker.

Pretty sure a 140/80 Enduro Medium fits too. That's got bigger carcass, but shorter knobs.

Helpfully, the above two tyres are measured differently despite both being Michelins and having the same size printed on the sidewall.

Fitted some Bosley's Pegs from Radan in the Czech Republic - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uy9layz4sYwFY5gM0TKu_S_LJibRmNcL/view

Ordered last Thursday, manufactured on Saturday and Fedex to me this morning :)

Wanted a bit more leg room so went for 20mm lower in what they call the standard size (still bigger than OME) in polished stainless steel.

Great fit and look top quality :thumb

......and a tip for anyone who struggles to get the spring back in when refitting pegs - use a vice and a cable tie ;)

Husqvarna tail bag also arrived today after waiting 3 weeks :augie

Bike came with a copy of the Perun rack which I have been using with a Kriega US5. Good kit but fiddly and limited capacity.

Managed to attach the SW Motech ring straight onto the rack using 2 existing holes and drilling 2 extra ones.

You can mount the plate for the bag in different positions so that it clears the fuel cap but think it looks better closer to the rear seat. As it is quick release no real hassle when filling up :)

Mods looking good Paul. Still waiting for a price on a second hand wings exhaust I was ‘offered’ :blast

How you finding the bike overall? Weird no news on 2023 models wonder if some big upgrades are pending for next year, new dash or cc increase due to euro regs?

Mods looking good Paul. Still waiting for a price on a second hand wings exhaust I was ‘offered’ :blast

How you finding the bike overall? Weird no news on 2023 models wonder if some big upgrades are pending for next year, new dash or cc increase due to euro regs?

Really enjoying the bike just plain fun on the back roads and the occasional green lane :D

Thought I had seen a rumour that KTM would replace the 690 engine with a twin but not seen any details. Was also suggested that at some point KTM/Husky will drop the 690/701 with then only GAS GAS doing the 700 ES :nenau

Really enjoying the bike just plain fun on the back roads and the occasional green lane :D

Thought I had seen a rumour that KTM would replace the 690 engine with a twin but not seen any details. Was also suggested that at some point KTM/Husky will drop the 690/701 with then only GAS GAS doing the 700 ES :nenau

I hope not, I know it’s the same bike in red with silver wheels but the gas gas branding and colours look shite imo

Got some parts today to fit to my 690 Enduro

KTM Rally Pegs (look massive)
Triple Clamp Engine Protectors
Wings Exhaust with Silent Kit and carbon side trim
Adventure Spec Belly Pan

Also bought a brand new zumo xt, bit of advice required, mainly road use where is the best place for it, on the bars or bang on the headstock for ease of reading ?

Got some parts today to fit to my 690 Enduro

KTM Rally Pegs (look massive)
Triple Clamp Engine Protectors
Wings Exhaust with Silent Kit and carbon side trim
Adventure Spec Belly Pan

Also bought a brand new zumo xt, bit of advice required, mainly road use where is the best place for it, on the bars or bang on the headstock for ease of reading ?

Just stuck mine on left hand side of the handlebar - easiest place to put it without having to look too far down read it. Worked fine so far.

I can WhatsApp you a couple of photos over tomorrow if you wish of how I’ve mounted my XT?

Thanks Steve that would be good

Just stuck mine on left hand side of the handlebar - easiest place to put it without having to look too far down read it. Worked fine so far.

Ta Paul, This looks like what I’ll maybe go with , bit concerned sticking on headstock area could be distracting.

Small issue I have found is that there is only limited ht adjustment for the rear brake lever and having fitted 20mm lower foot pegs needed to find a solution.

Ordered a cheap brake lever toe off fleabay and it fits nicely on the bottom of the lever dropping it a corresponding 20mm :)

Paul any guidance with these bolts order to where and the torque settings ?, the d- head i bought from was as much use as a chocolate fireguard fortunately it was cheap. He reckons they are actually from the triple clamp covers but is not the most reliable.

Attachments

• 87C306FD-BEF3-427F-8D2F-27A94C716043.jpg
    87C306FD-BEF3-427F-8D2F-27A94C716043.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 7EFEE522-E8B2-4E45-ADFE-F6A3EF82AC1D.jpg
    7EFEE522-E8B2-4E45-ADFE-F6A3EF82AC1D.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 103
Paul any guidance with these bolts order to where and the torque settings ?, the d- head i bought from was as much use as a chocolate fireguard fortunately it was cheap. He reckons they are actually from the triple clamp covers but is not the most reliable.

Torque will be 10NM though I never use a torque wrench for such low values.

The bolts look different to the ones that came with my set - see photo in post 156.

Best thing is to remove the OME engine bolts and see which bolts you have which are a few mm longer. You may be able to swap some OME bolts from one side to another.

Shout if you need any further info and I will try and find the instructions again.

Torque will be 10NM though I never use a torque wrench for such low values.

The bolts look different to the ones that came with my set - see photo in post 156.

Best thing is to remove the OME engine bolts and see which bolts you have which are a few mm longer. You may be able to swap some OME bolts from one side to another.

Shout if you need any further info and I will try and find the instructions again.

Cheers for that info mate:thumb2

Well looks like there is going to be a 2023 701 - now on Husky's web site:

There's a video now.

I like to think it's a bit more gentlemanly than that lout in the 690R vid :D

<iframe width="784" height="441" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/55lPCFvksUA" title="2023 701 Enduro | The Best of Both Worlds" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Question - has anyone here used the Husky wind screen. Does it make a worthless difference or just create turbulence?

Back
Top Bottom