The 701 Info Thread.

Almost certainly going to be an increased risk of water ingress compared to standard set up:

Thanks Paul, assumed it might, but wasn't sure. (still procrastinating about a 2023 order - shame they don't do the 2023 701 in heritage colours)

shame they don't do the 2023 701 in heritage colours)

Definitely.

PHO_BIKE_90_LI_HQV-23-FE-350-HE_%23SALL_%23AEPI_%23V1.png

Looks good - let us know how you get on with that set up :thumb

Took it for a run yesterday and all seems fine.

The standard set up would be better at keeping water out but mine won't be doing any of that sort of thing.

So for me it's ideal, I get storage and less faffing around when it's valve setting time.

Well, I bit the bullet and went for the air filter and storage box mod. I bought it from 'Wrenchride' in Bolton which seems to be the only place I could find in the UK who sold it. Great service from Olly the owner!

Going to give it a run around today to see if there is any difference in performance.

Did you fit it yourself? I’ve considered this mod but not yet dipped my hand in the wallet. I’ve met Ollie, he seems a top bloke and certainly knows his stuff.

Did you fit it yourself? I’ve considered this mod but not yet dipped my hand in the wallet. I’ve met Ollie, he seems a top bloke and certainly knows his stuff.

Yes, fitted myself. pretty straight forward, a little tip (if you don't already know) how to make it easy to get the airbox out is use a long screwdriver at the bottom of the intake to pry off. Works a treat! There was one little niggle, the holes on the bracket that mounts the storage box to the frame didn't quite line up so I used cable ties, still solid though.

My 701 Enduro I ordered last year is here now (mid Feb actually) done 24 miles on it so far …. I’ve had vertigo for the last month so it’s not been out until last Sunday :blast
I’m looking for ideas and inspiration for the following must have bits ….
Heated grips
Screw top fuel cap
Bar risers
Wraparound hand guards
Mirror
Rad/ engine case protection
Lowering link
Rear rack +bag ( I do like the Husky bag )
Chain oiler system
Tail tidy to get rid of all that massive plastic shite and replace it with less plastic shite and a small plate
Pictures would be good to see :okay
Wotcha done to yours …..?

Attachments

• 6058AD45-F61E-447E-899F-C0D6179B3AA9.jpg
    6058AD45-F61E-447E-899F-C0D6179B3AA9.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 63
I have an orange one , black and blue, got it last October.

A small screen seems to make a big diff, I have puig.
Ktm official wrap round hand guards are much bigger than standard assume husq ones are.
Perun moto rack on the back, with a kreiga us5
Tail tidy is a bastardised standard one as it splits in two but it is at quite an angle looks ok.

On mine also got an adventure spec sump guard, wings exhaust , can’t remember name of engine case protectors on it.

My 701 Enduro I ordered last year is here now (mid Feb actually) done 24 miles on it so far …. I’ve had vertigo for the last month so it’s not been out until last Sunday :blast
Heated grips
Screw top fuel cap
Bar risers
Wraparound hand guards
Mirror
Rad/ engine case protection
Lowering link
Rear rack +bag ( I do like the Husky bag )
Chain oiler system
Tail tidy to get rid of all that massive plastic shite and replace it with less plastic shite and a small plate
Pictures would be good to see :okay

Heated grips - N/A

Screw top fuel cap - Vanasche is nice.

Bar risers - N/A

Wraparound hand guards - KTM/Husky Power Parts

Mirror - Doubletake

Rad/ engine case protection - Vanasche skid plate + R&G case protection. Vanasche case saver for chain.

Lowering link - N/A

Rear rack +bag ( I do like the Husky bag ) - Perun Moto rack, Kriega US5 bag held on with Kriega loops.

Chain oiler system - N/A but if I had one, probably Cobrra Nemo 2 or Chinese knock off.

Tail tidy to get rid of all that massive plastic shite and replace it with less plastic shite and a small plate - Rear section just unbolts. drill what remains and affix number plate. Lose, replace or remount the numberplate light.

Pictures would be good to see :okay - I can post pics of specifics you are interested in if asked :)

Heated grips - Oxford work really well
Screw top fuel cap - Rally Raid - https://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/husqvarna/husqvarna-701-enduro-smc-billet-filler-adaptor
Bar risers - KTM see earlier post
Wraparound hand guards - Husqvarna
Mirror -Double Take
Rad/ engine case protection Just ordered the Husky radiator guards part no. 27035936044 and using Tripleclamp case protection
Lowering link - look at ET Racing which gives you adjustability.
Rear rack +bag ( I do like the Husky bag ) - Husky bag works well.
Chain oiler system - Nemo Cobbra
Tail tidy to get rid of all that massive plastic shite and replace it with less plastic shite and a small plate I have the Husky one https://www.amsmoto.co.uk/licence-plate-holder-support-10
Pictures would be good to see :okay See earlier posts

I would also recommend the Husky Ergo seat :)

One for sale on Husqvarna 701 Enduro FB group by a well known ex of this forum - £100.

Edit: Just checked and it's sold this morning :(

It sold within 3 minutes of him putting it up for sale!!! :eek:

I must have seen it in that 3 minute window. I thought about buying it myself, but I get on reasonably with the stock seat, but I only really ride mixed road/off road, so not sitting all the time.

I'm experimenting with seat comfort at the moment for a trip to the Alps in June. I have the 'Renazco' seat which is ok for about 50 miles but after that the sides of the seat seem to affect the upper part of my thighs, just can't get comfy on a longer journey.

So I've been using my 'Airhawk' on the stock seat and after a ride yesterday to Betws y Coed it seems to work well.

Back
Top Bottom