The 701 Info Thread.

I hope I'm allowed on here, it was mentioned earlier on in the thread, that 690s were:p
Anyhow.......its the dreaded tyre question:blast
Happy with the E07 as fitted as standard...but...going too Italy next year to do the KTM western Alps rally...anyone tried the E07 plus yet....or Pirelli Scorpion rally.
Read a long long long thread on Advrider forum..going around in circles :blast. ..I have used and loved MT21 & Mefo super explorers on my old 990r, but feel the sidewalls on the Mefo may to hard to allow the 690 to compress the tyre to make use of the Available grip.

I got the clutch slave recall letter yesterday. Like many owners, it's too late as I replaced the useless thing nearly 2 years ago :rolleyes:

I got the clutch slave recall letter yesterday. Like many owners, it's too late as I replaced the useless thing nearly 2 years ago :rolleyes:

That would seem to suggest that the 2021 has indeed got a modified slave at last (I haven't received any coms).........I still swapped mine out for an Oberon :blast

Andres

Don't forget to keep an eye on the cam followers, seems they still haven't overcome the same 690 habit:beerjug:

FB_IMG_1632758190506-01-XL.jpg

Yeah fair comment :thumb2

Good to throughly check them at valve check intervals.

Andres

Yes any sign of noise or valve clearance getting bigger is an 'immanent' sign.

From what I know it seems those used mainly on the road ie. sustained higher revs are more prone. :beerjug:

o
There seems to be a recall now for the infamous, slave cylinder failure. Is it worth doing or just go for an Oberon/Rekluse, and not worry about it happening again?

The service guys at my local Husky dealer told me that the modified master cylinder is effectively a copy of the Oberon item.

o

The service guys at my local Husky dealer told me that the modified master cylinder is effectively a copy of the Oberon item.
It baffles me why they just don't fit an oberon in the first instance...my 08 990 had issues with the oe magura one...swapped it out for an £80 oberon then.
Surely they have the buying power to get them for half that. :blast

...or they could use the trouble free Brembos fitted to some of their competition bikes.

As an FYI - Husqvarna don’t consider the gear sensor a warranty item!
Been told yesterday that it’s not covered as far as they are concerned at 4500 miles :mad:

Oh and check very carefully just which year you have if buying certain aftermarket things.
It can get very expensive when the “2020” bike is not…..

ET Racing Lowering Link

Wondered why my new to me 701 was closer to the ground than the Gas Gas 700 I had a test ride on :nenau

Had not spotted that the previous owner had installed an adjustable lowering link to the rear suspension until I found the original link with the pillion pegs :blast

Did a search on ET Racing and found what had been fitted. Comes with 2 sets of inserts which can be reversed giving 4 ht options - standard, 10mm lower, 20mm lower and 30mm lower. https://et-racing.com/product-eng-9...na-Gas-Gas-KTM-lowering-option-2014-2022.html

Mine was set up 20mm lower than standard and just had a play and set it at 10mm lower than standard. May yet just set it back to standard ht.

Not something I would have bought myself as I am not vertically challenged but looks a good bit of kit for those that are :)

Also can anyone confirm where the forks sit as standard in the yokes - think mine have been dropped one ring but not certain.

ET Racing do some really good stuff.

I have their lights fitted to both my 690 and FE350! Superb design and a quality build, plus you also get excellent service from them :thumb2

Attachments

• JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 164
Moose Bash plate

Can never resist a bargain and picked this up for £120 delivered.

Thick plastic with good coverage - higher at front and goes over the rear suspension link and rear brake M/C.

A bit fiddly to fit especially to get the rear hooks to insert over the lower part of the frame but once in place is nice and solid and I can still use a scissor lift under it to raise the bike.

Got mine from Dennis Winters - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36382945...YquKyI8KJ6cbmWuEgUFhuR2pS4JX|tkp:BFBM1pWOl4Nh

Back
Top Bottom