Rough running TPS K100 16v

warmshed

Reaction score
. I am looking for the cause of rough running and the bike wont rev over 6k rpm in any gear. will only run correctly on the road at gentle throttle opening, bogging down when asked for more.

Tried to set the TPS but could only get the voltage to go down to 540mV, Using an AVO digital meter with ignition on but engine not running. Tried "snapping" the throttle to stabilise the TPS but could not get it lower than 540mV. No more movement on the adjusting slots. So what am I doing wrong? or is the TPS stuffed. The engine starts easily and tick-over is good.

Tried so far:- New pump and filter. Plugs, coils, checked fuel and vacuum hoses. compression good and all pots the same. Tested fuel pressure, seemed a little low but may be due to the Chinese gauges. Cleaned injectors (though no evidence of dirt) Help please.

Sounds like it could be the TPS as it should be set at 350mV

Also found this on the K100 Forum :

Open the throttle slowly. As you do there is a click. Keep turning until at full throttle , just before you get there you should hear another click. That tells the EFI to squirt extra fuel in

Tried to set the TPS but could only get the voltage to go down to 540mV, Using an AVO digital meter with ignition on but engine not running. Tried "snapping" the throttle to stabilise the TPS but could not get it lower than 540mV. No more movement on the adjusting slots. So what am I doing wrong? or is the TPS stuffed. The engine starts easily and tick-over is good.

The tickover screw in the middle of the throttle bar

Get the bike up to temperature turn the screw out (so that it LOWERS the revs)

Do it in small stages e.g. when you have dropped say a hundred revs bring the rpm back up with the air screws turned out equally say a 1/4 turn each

you want the airscrews to "Influence" the tickover rpm more rather than that screw

AS taught to me by my foreman at the BM dealer

If you have not got enough slot left then that suggests to me that someone has been playing with throttle actuation

Also check the ignition amplifier module connector and the rubber boot below it for water ingress its just behind the engine in the V of the frame if I recall correctly

Sounds like it could be the TPS as it should be set at 350mV

Also found this on the K100 Forum :

Open the throttle slowly. As you do there is a click. Keep turning until at full throttle , just before you get there you should hear another click. That tells the EFI to squirt extra fuel in

Ahh the click method is only for the 8 valve with Bosch jetronic Ks not the 16v with Motronic.. Thank you.

The tickover screw in the middle of the throttle bar

Get the bike up to temperature turn the screw out (so that it LOWERS the revs)

Do it in small stages e.g. when you have dropped say a hundred revs bring the rpm back up with the air screws turned out equally say a 1/4 turn each

you want the airscrews to "Influence" the tickover rpm more rather than that screw

AS taught to me by my foreman at the BM dealer

If you have not got enough slot left then that suggests to me that someone has been playing with throttle actuation

Also check the ignition amplifier module connector and the rubber boot below it for water ingress its just behind the engine in the V of the frame if I recall correctly

Thank you will check would love it to be the amplifier module, . The bike was running perfectly then the fault just came on after a stop for lunch, As you can see ive looked at most of the likely culprits, running out of things to check now. strange.

Back
Top Bottom