Electrical interference?

fair1535

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Helmet comms are pac talk bold, brill. Have a GoPro hero 8 black mounted on front of bike inside a media mod which in turn is powered from a battery pac stored in tank bag. I have a lavalier external mic connected to media mod to enable commentary when filming. Mic fits inside helmet opposite side to Packtalk mic. I am experiencing what appears to be electrical inference when speaking into the GoPro mic, low speeds not to much of an issue but anything over say 20mph and it crackles, not wind noise. I have fitted a deadbeat over mic. Anyway of eliminating the inteference? Could the set up be tweaked to facilitate this? Tried the set up with and without the media mod, connecting mic via GoPro mic adapter etc but unable to eliminate this annoying inteference.

Suggestions, advice most welcome.

Cheers
Steve

I used the boom mic of my packtalk bold to run the mic for my drift, had no issues with interference.
I wonder if the noise you are hearing is sound picked up by the cam mic and is the wire and mic head "moving" inside the helmet causing the crackle?

Pre packtalk we were running sena 20s and has lots of problems with noise pick up, sound like "popping" or plastic rustling from the mics, I blamed my riding buddy for his set up, he blamed me for mine!

Cheers Tom. Just put an order in or one from amazon

Steve

Back
Top Bottom