Dear God, wtaf? Would this be legal in the UK?

It's a trike...just a wide trike.
Three wheels, symmetrical wheel plan.
No reason for it not to be legal here.
The sidecar bodies don't change anything...I once had a CB900F trike that had seats outboard of the bike's original dual seat, no problem, and those sidecar bodies are just enclosed seats.

It's a trike...just a wide trike.
Three wheels, symmetrical wheel plan.
No reason for it not to be legal here.
The sidecar bodies don't change anything...I once had a CB900F trike that had seats outboard of the bike's original dual seat, no problem, and those sidecar bodies are just enclosed seats.

Even though the side cars can be unbolted and removed, both chairs have their own brakes.

You have to ask 'why the feck' but can't help but admire the engineering that will have gone into that.

The Americans have, IME, strange ideas about outfits as do we (we seem mostly stuck in the 50's). Definitely the best outfits come out of Holland (why Holland, I've never understood that?) and Germany.

Andres

So how many wheels does it actually have, it states the seats can be unbolted and leave a basic motorbike
Or am I misunderstanding?

Reading your post, and fully reading the ad (which I hadn't done earlier), the guy is saying that it's a Goldwing solo still on its two wheels, with a mahoosive twin wheeled rear section bolted via three fasteners on each side, outboard of the bike itself, which has the two sidecar bodies and individual brakes.
So, four wheels in all..not a trike and it wasn't a combo anyway.

Back
Top Bottom