New jacket - sore neck......return?

Britishbeefy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it normal to have to have an item of clothing between your jacket collar and your neck to prevent rubbing?
Bought a Bering jacket yesterday and went for a ride for 2hrs (locally.....in Wales as allowed). Half way through my ride I found my observations getting a bit sore.
I’ve had textiles before and ridden thousands of miles but they’ve never rubbed like this.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/403565

The cuffs are very tight as well, I thought I could handle getting them over my Knox Orsa knobs but it’s a PITA after an hour and a few stops.

Shame, the jacket fits well elsewhere and feels good quality.....and I like the look.

I’ve taken the dangly labels off but considering returning under 14 days rules unfortunately....any issues? I think the requirement to keep tags on only applies to their 365 day returns policy and not the 14 day....unsure though. You clearly can’t assess it properly unworn and can’t have tags flapping about.

Attachments

• C0D1D235-2F77-4DC0-AA7B-3F92B626D394.jpg
    C0D1D235-2F77-4DC0-AA7B-3F92B626D394.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 425
Your new jacket rubs your neck and the cuffs don’t suit you.

Send it back and request a full refund.

There really is nothing more to say.

From their 365 returns section...

All we ask is that you try the items within your own home and return with the tags intact.

Seems reasonable....a bit like Next or whoever getting fed up with people buying clothing for the prom and then returning them a week later...after said prom.

Keep the jacket, just wear a buff

Bit of Savlon on the rubbing, wear a neck buff, sorted. I'd expect that over time the rubbing will stop just like breaking in a pair of shoes.

I wear a buff with my Klim jkt as the collar is very firm. You did well to ride for 2 hours with a five mile limit :augie:augie

neck tube / buff ..... :thumb2

I wear a buff with my Klim jkt as the collar is very firm. You did well to ride for 2 hours with a five mile limit :augie:augie

You’ll know the 5 miles is a ‘rule of thumb’ ......Lord Darkford said so himself, and my MS has gone public with saying ‘it’s not law’.

Found a BikeSafe buff and found myself supporting a local(ish) burger van today.....which won’t help with the neck size......anyway the buff did the job.

The problem with necks is they have to be able to support the small planet atop of them, and there’s not much I can do about that XXXL noddle.

The XXL jacket is my limit to Xs on clothing, something about inverse square and wind resistance...I’d be like a bloody sail.

The wrists, I was surprised I experienced the problem in both of them, but.......I’ll just have to buy yet more gloves I suppose.

As for the 70s decor, if you can point me in the direction of an avacado suite with bidet I’ll go the whole hog Mog.👌

So the jacket is staying, as is the neck, and as soon as close contact services resume (barber could only do hair on Monday) I’ll try waxing 😜

Is it normal to have to have an item of clothing between your jacket collar and your neck to prevent rubbing?
Bought a Bering jacket yesterday and went for a ride for 2hrs (locally.....in Wales as allowed). Half way through my ride I found my observations getting a bit sore.
I’ve had textiles before and ridden thousands of miles but they’ve never rubbed like this.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/403565

The cuffs are very tight as well, I thought I could handle getting them over my Knox Orsa knobs but it’s a PITA after an hour and a few stops.

Shame, the jacket fits well elsewhere and feels good quality.....and I like the look.

I’ve taken the dangly labels off but considering returning under 14 days rules unfortunately....any issues? I think the requirement to keep tags on only applies to their 365 day returns policy and not the 14 day....unsure though. You clearly can’t assess it properly unworn and can’t have tags flapping about.

WTF :barf

Language Timothy ......

ex cardigan man actually ...... :D

Is it normal to wear a Buff? In my world, yes. I was going to ask in my opening post but hesitated, only because I thought it very unlikely that you wouldn’t have worn one. But as it is.....

Get your mum to fill out the return label. She’ll know what to say about you having cut the tags off.

Back
Top Bottom