K75 Project Bike

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought this bike a few weeks back of a fellow forum member listed as a Project bike

It had stood for a few years unused and needed some TLC to get it up and running properly

it is relatively low mileage at 40K miles

Replaced most of the fuel system - pump , filter , regulator , fuel lines and injectors as the petrol had badly gone of and gummed up the system

Stripped all of the brakes down and fitted new braided lines and rebuilt the calipers with new seals and dust shields

Addressed lots of corroded fastenings and replaced them with SS

New head bearings , new front wheel bearings and new tyres

Did a full service - all oils , filters , spark plugs and valve clearance check . Throttle bodies nicely balanced

It's now fully mechanically sorted and has just been MOT’d and is now running very smoothly and handles great with the new tyres , head bearings and a YSS rear Shock

I did have some issues in getting it to come off idle to full throttle which eventually proved to be an issue with the Throttle Position Sensor

A big thanks to Jay (DrFarkoff ) for his time and patience in helping me diagnose and eventually sort the issue , I couldn't have done it without his help

I’ve fitted a standard height seat and got a top box for it as well , I'll be listing for sale the full kit of parts for the low seat at some point

Also added a fuel and temperature gauge

I’m going to run it over the next few months then decide if I will fully restore it or just keep/sell it as is

Congratulations on getting it back on the road. That looks pretty good as it is - only needs a bit of paint on fork lowers and final drive and colour match the side panels and couldn't ask for better.

Lovely - a modern classic in the making. I had K1100 (which I bought new and rode 48k miles in about 6 years), and (as you know) still own a K1200. I think they are awesome machines. Never ridden the K75, but hopefully one day! Thanks for sharing :beerjug:

Congratulations on getting it back on the road. That looks pretty good as it is - only needs a bit of paint on fork lowers and final drive and colour match the side panels and couldn't ask for better.

Thanks - I made no attempt to do any of the cosmetics , but if I decide to keep it I will address them

As it had a low seat fitted originally the petrol tank had a rear tank rubber cover/side covers , so when I fitted the standard height seat it needed side panels and these came with the bike so I just used them

Lovely - a modern classic in the making. I had K1100 (which I bought new and rode 48k miles in about 6 years), and (as you know) still own a K1200. I think they are awesome machines. Never ridden the K75, but hopefully one day! Thanks for sharing :beerjug:

Hi Martin , I still have my 94 K1100LT and would love a K1100RS

If any one has one for sale shout up ;-) especially if it's as nice as Martin's K1200 !!

I’ve got a K75 RS Ongar special, great engines,smooth,torquey and very reliable. Stick with the bike and it will grow on you.

Thanks - I made no attempt to do any of the cosmetics , but if I decide to keep it I will address them

As it had a low seat fitted originally the petrol tank had a rear tank rubber cover/side covers , so when I fitted the standard height seat it needed side panels and these came with the bike so I just used them

Do you still have the low seat?

Typical , just finished this K75 and I've been offered a K1100RS which has been a bike I've been after for a while - anyone fancy a well sorted K75S ?

I had a K75s. Loved every aspect of it apart from - i found it chronically uncomfortable and the wind blast going over me and hitting Mrs Og, got her extremely grumpy! :eek:
So it had to go.
I still miss it. I used it for training and it made me look much more competent than i actually am. ;)
Nimble, reassuring handling. Nice precise throttle response and handling. Good enough for me and Herself to tour on and cheap enough to run.
... for me - i shoulda bought a K75c. :blast
But anyone with reasonable posture and no back problems will find this a lovely ride. :thumb2

.... also Dr Farkoff IS extremely helpful. And patient:augie (DAMHIK) :blush

, I'd lose the top box though ;-)

Could be much worse - at least being the original part it sits flat on the sloping rack. My Givi box on a similarly sloping RS rack looks like it's about to depart at any moment. I'm sure it's secure, just looks awful.

Still looking looking to sell…feel free to PM me ����

Back
Top Bottom