HP Pavillion x360 Convertible

ncpierce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We, well the wife, has a HP Pavillion as above which is just coming up to 3years old.

Today whilst using it it cut out - as if the battery was dead - so she put it on charge and then it died again. The light next to the power switch is intermittently flashing and when connected to a mains charger the charging light comes on.

We have tried various key press combinations suggested online by HP but can't get it to either full power off or reboot. Is there anuthing else that anyone can suggest before it gets the big hammer treatment :hammer in the old days or removable batteries I would just disconnect from mains remove the battery and try again....

Thanks

Nigel

Have you tried holding down the shift key and pressing the power button at the same time. It should give you some repair options including factory reset but I think it might be a hardware issue. It's not that easy to remove the battery on these laptops. Doable of course but tricky.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks we did manage to get it sorted. Not sure what the actual issue ever was but it is now OK. I think that it had got its knickers in a twist and letting the battery die completely and recharging seemed to solve it.

Glad to hear this. These laptops are fantastic machines and generally really reliable.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom