New bike on its way

Engineer

He/Him - Guitar Student and Electronics Engineer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire) & Bedfordshire
Ordered a new R1250GS TE - should be delivered in couple of weeks ish :D

Trading in my R1200GS Rallye TE, same dealer I've used since 2005 and my 6th 1200GS - a present to myself for landing the new job a couple of months ago.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,355
Very nice too.

I've just ordered a KTM 890 Adventure to cheer me up. KTM 790 Adventure going in part ex. I need smaller and lighter at my age. :D:D

Very nice too.

I've just ordered a KTM 890 Adventure to cheer me up. KTM 790 Adventure going in part ex. I need smaller and lighter at my age. :D:D

My 790 Duke feels like a toy after riding my R1200GS but it's still great on the highway. The rumoured 890 Duke GT could be a good bike!

The new GS looks awesome but I'm holding out for adaptive cruise control before I upgrade

Congrats on the new bike!

Very nice too.

I'm having similar thoughts. Looking at an NC750x as a second bike for when i go out on my own. The wing is a bit big when you want to go hooning around.

Trading in my R1200GS Rallye TE, same dealer I've used since 2005 and my 6th 1200GS - a present to myself for landing the new job a couple of months ago.

Very nice. I am still clinging onto my 2018 GSA, but can see me changing it to the 1250 when MOT time comes.

good luck on delivery. Mine was shipped from the factory 1st week of March.............I reckon its on that boat in the Suez canal

Nice bike by the way

I took delivery of a new, Triple Black, R1250GSA a couple of days ago.
I went for one with a lowered suspension this time, as I'm getting older I feel I need to get more of my foot on the ground!
This may be my last GSA before I go for something smaller.
Now busy wrapping my luggage in Matte Black vinyl from Humvee Graphics. :cool:

I hope the service from Balderstons has improved since the takeover... ;) enjoy the new bike...:D

I'm holding out for adaptive cruise control before I upgrade

I'm sure it's another one that splits opinion, but I would have loved to have had this feature on my new GS. It would transform the use of motorways. Just didn't want to wait another year. As is, the 2022 year update will surely be the last in this model's shape, so I figure that if you add in a year's gap for the 2023 model beta testing, should I ever buy another GS I'd be getting at least 3 years out of this one.

I'm sure it's another one that splits opinion.

I think you’re right, I absolutely hate it on cars, apart from occasionally if you’re in stop start traffic, but on motorways and dual carriage ways it’s a nightmare

It’s the last thing I’d want on a bike, but of course that’s just me :nenau

By the way, congratulations on the new bike Engineer, enjoy it :beerjug:

I'm sure it's another one that splits opinion, but I would have loved to have had this feature on my new GS. It would transform the use of motorways. Just didn't want to wait another year. As is, the 2022 year update will surely be the last in this model's shape, so I figure that if you add in a year's gap for the 2023 model beta testing, should I ever buy another GS I'd be getting at least 3 years out of this one.

I try and avoid motorways as much as possible anyway and when I do use them they are normally fairly quiet as not in UK.
To be honest adaptive cruise is one of the last things I’d look for on a bike.Hiking bike prices past £20k to fit such shite makes older bikes look so much more appealing.

Congratulations that's a great looking bike
I wish you all the best with it

Enjoy your new bike, and miles of smiles........:thumb

Australia has a lot of open long distance roads so would be perfect here, it's brilliant in my car! Styling shouldn't be an issue for the module placement as it's not like the GS is a pretty bike anyway lol

I think you’re right, I absolutely hate it on cars, apart from occasionally if you’re in stop start traffic, but on motorways and dual carriage ways it’s a nightmare

It’s the last thing I’d want on a bike, but of course that’s just me :nenau

By the way, congratulations on the new bike Engineer, enjoy it :beerjug:

Why do you find it a nightmare? Works great for me in my car

Nice one. If the large side panels on the tank are matt you might want to consider putting some form of plastic protection on them as the ones on my TE Exclusive have marked in under 1000 miles if you're bothered about keeping it looking nice.

Well done, you'll notice the difference.

Back
Top Bottom