ISTA + K+DCAN cable

Zax1231

Reaction score
Hi everybody I hope somebody can help, because I slowly become crazy.:banghead:

I have a R 1200 GS (2008) and my big desire to connect to him. I have only one hurt. It can’t.

I tried approx. every combination of cables and software. I don’t know what I doing wrong. What I checked first, that the cables. I have a K+D can cable not from AliExpress or something, but I think basically it come from china (like everything). I have 10 pin round shaped – OBD2 cable too (china).

I measured the pinouts and the result is the same what I found everywhere.

brown/black (motorbike connector wire) – 7 (OBD2) – 1 (10 pin adapter) – K line 1 BMS
brown – 4,5 (OBD2) – 4 (10 pin) – Ground
red – 16 (OBD2) – 6 (10 pin) – KL30 Batt
green/blue – 1 (OBD2) – KL 15 (ignition ON)

Interesting (for me): in my motorbike connector the pin 8 is missing (K line-2 ABS) and the Can HI & Can Low too.

When the ignition on, I measure +12V on OBD2 connector’s pin 1 and 16. So I think this is OK too. By the way in ISTA+ I don’t see voltage on KL15 and KL30.
I tried to reprogram the K+DCAN cable’s FT232RL chip. I inverted the RI # and DSR# signals.
Of course, I made tries with normal state of cable too.

Softwares:
INPA: my version just for cars, but it seen my cable and the ignition is ON, but when I switched off the ignition nothing changes

ISTA+ (I tried different wersions, like below):
- Win 7 x86 with ISTA+ Béla with Mike’s BMW standard tools
- Win 7 x86 with ISTA+ 4.10 with Mike’s BMW standard tools
- Win 10 x64 with ISTA+ 4.26.22 Sedoy Standalon + Jok3r5 BMW standard tools + patch
- Win 10 x64 with ISTA+ 4.10 with Mike’s BMW standard tools

I always use the FTD chip cable official driver. I set the port latency to 1 and changed Ediabas\bin folder’s OBD.ini (com port) and ediabas.ini (STD:OBD, TCP port 6801).

I every time check different versions like:
- COM9, COM1
- cable switch to K and D too (I think the K is what I need)

There is someone on earth who has succeeded connect to BMW Hexhead with ISTA via K+DCAN cable?

I read out the complete internet but I run out from ideas. Please help, I hope this is not an impossible mission. :nenau

I have wired in an OBD2 connector on my 2012GS and pervious 2009GS
The wiring is as follows on the OBD2 connector
pin 4 - Brown
pin7 - Brown & black
pin 15 - green & blue
pin16 - Red

The protocol is ISO 14230 keyword protocol 2000
I piggy backed the OBD2 & 10 pin connector hoping to gather data from the GS911 and an Innovate LM2 running both at the same time , this is not possible.
The OBD2 works fine on its own with the Innovate LM2 and an OBDLink MX+ with Motorscan Ultimate. as long as the GS911 is not plugged in the 10 pin.

I have wired in an OBD2 connector on my 2012GS and pervious 2009GS
The wiring is as follows on the OBD2 connector
pin 4 - Brown
pin7 - Brown & black
pin 15 - green & blue
pin16 - Red

The protocol is ISO 14230 keyword protocol 2000
I piggy backed the OBD2 & 10 pin connector hoping to gather data from the GS911 and an Innovate LM2 running both at the same time , this is not possible.
The OBD2 works fine on its own with the Innovate LM2 and an OBDLink MX+ with Motorscan Ultimate. as long as the GS911 is not plugged in the 10 pin.

Interesting. My pinout different, because the green/blue is connected to OBD's pin 1. Is possible this is the main problem? I read a lot about this topic and find that the green/blue must be connect to pin 1. But in fact nothing works currently.

Interesting. My pinout different, because the green/blue is connected to OBD's pin 1. Is possible this is the main problem? I read a lot about this topic and find that the green/blue must be connect to pin 1. But in fact nothing works currently.

Here you go, this works for me.
Excuse the grotty connector it is an old one that I used from a scrap car.

o0XEaUS.jpg
[/IMG]

I have the 10 pin on a 2008 F650GS. I have used UnicarScan OBD11 which is recommended and sold by Motoscan. I have been successful in connecting to the bike and doing some coding.
I think Motoscan uses the same app and software to connect to the full range of BMW bikes so I assume the hardware must be the same??? Here is my 10 pin plug connector and the hardware used of that helps.
868c3c066af68ff5b2721fca8ea49156.jpg

a2e2ef1825be274269669a6691b82e75.jpg

c46cc54324e10d4272ebf18052c9729e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might help, the cable connections are shown in the video, I’m sure they will be the same for all models

This might be a little confusing as the 2008 R1200 that the OP is working on uses ISO14230-4/Keyword protocol 2000 and the later bikes ie. water cooled I understand use ISO 15765-4 / CANOBD the two electrical specifications are very different.
Whilst motoscan and the obdlink will work with both.
I use the OBDlink MX+ with motoscan but it is not a patch on the GS911 as motoscan will show live data but will not allow it to be recorded.

This might be a little confusing as the 2008 R1200 that the OP is working on uses ISO14230-4/Keyword protocol 2000 and the later bikes ie. water cooled I understand use ISO 15765-4 / CANOBD the two electrical specifications are very different.

Oops

It’s too late to delete the post so Zax1231 please ignore this video

Thanks for the info Mistacat

Back
Top Bottom