Where are we going then? End of lockdown

Britishbeefy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m sure Lord Darkford looked at the weather forecast before confirming end of Stay Local......we’ve got snow forecast here this evening ffs.......hopefully not enough to bring out the ‘Gritters’.
A few nice days ahead though! Bring it on :friday

I’m sure Lord Darkford looked at the weather forecast before confirming end of Stay Local......we’ve got snow forecast here this evening ffs.......hopefully not enough to bring out the ‘Gritters’.
A few nice days ahead though! Bring it on :friday

Snowplough coming out of Highway depot at 7am this morning in northern Yorkshire

Gritting teams getting ready

Lambing snow comes every year in late March and early April

The weekend looks a bit damp with a bit of hail and some thunder and lightning thrown in! But from next Tuesday on there's a cracking few days so I'm definitely planning to make the most of the new travel rule - and go anywhere in Wales. Could be a fair bit of traffic around.

Off to Aberaeron on Monday for a walk on the beach.

Chips if they are open.

Off to Aberaeron on Monday for a walk on the beach.

Chips if they are open.

You Welsh guys are just saying this to torment the rest of us.

Mind you, last time I stopped in Aberaeron, we crept into The Hive, after hours riding in pouring rain, looking like drowned rats - they were surprisingly welcoming, but Welsh weather certainly wasn't; it didn't relent for all 4 days.

You Welsh guys are just saying this to torment the rest of us.

Mind you, last time I stopped in Aberaeron, we crept into The Hive, after hours riding in pouring rain, looking like drowned rats - they were surprisingly welcoming, but Welsh weather certainly wasn't; it didn't relent for all 4 days.

There’s a good reason all those reservoirs in the Elan valley are full. :D

Drakefords a Cnut

I had the roads to myself, now the riff raff will be clogging up the place ffs.:aidan

Classic Abergwesen scenes, Llyn Brianne then across the mountain road from Llandovery to Upper Brynamman.

(Shame I was driving :blast )

Attachments

• 2273553D-C86F-40A1-A6B0-267E1671DD7A.jpg
    2273553D-C86F-40A1-A6B0-267E1671DD7A.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 82688517-3060-4851-8A12-448E1B112897.jpg
    82688517-3060-4851-8A12-448E1B112897.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 35F93E6C-6509-4C25-B1A5-C29B08B4EDA5.jpg
    35F93E6C-6509-4C25-B1A5-C29B08B4EDA5.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 198
Out on Tuesday. Does anyone know if the 2 hoots cafe at Devils Bridge is open for takeawa?

Out on Tuesday. Does anyone know if the 2 hoots cafe at Devils Bridge is open for takeawa?

according to website they do, I like the look of the place but its just a bit too far away for me this week, I have only odd afternoons free, once easter out of the way things will be better!

according to website they do, I like the look of the place but its just a bit too far away for me this week, I have only odd afternoons free, once easter out of the way things will be better!
Worth a run up Russ but definitely in the week to avoid the weekend traffic.

Signs up on Hay bluff or Gospel Pass, if you like, says road closed. The road has slipped Lanthony Abby side about 4 miles before the climb upto Hay. Its passable with care (I was on my 990 and just carried on) easy really, a VW T5 was negotiating it as I got there, and he made it. Just a little hump to go over with compact mud and ruts.

Back
Top Bottom