KTM Warranty ?

I think you're not understanding what I've said, either may tell me to take it to the other for the reasons I've said, I'm not saying it won't be covered under warranty but I know how dealers get huffy.

do KTM dealers operate differently to every other motorcycle or car franchise? Thousands of vehicles are sold by brokers and shipped across the country from dealers miles away from the owner.

if you take your bike on holiday to the Cotswolds and it breaks down, the KTM recovery service will take you to AMS in Tewkesbury or Premier near Oxford. Do you think these dealers will tell you to fuck off back to Scotland or do you think they will fix your bike under warranty?

Part of being a dealer in the KTM network is providing support to any KTM under warranty, wherever it was purchased or serviced. Just as it does for Honda, Citroen or BMW.

It only ever made sense to return to the selling dealer for the first service when they included this in the purchase price of the bike. You could take it elsewhere but would effectively pay for the service twice.

You are imagining a situation that simply will not happen.

As I understand it, Block Exemption only applies to passenger cars. I think you'd find it difficult to make a warranty claim if your bike hadn't been serviced by a KTM dealership.

This is what KTM told me when I asked them to replace the clocks on my 390 due to condensation. They did replace the clocks after making their point.

I would imagine I would be on loose ground if there were a problem with the engine and I'd serviced it myself but this is a risk I've always taken.

The issue is that I bought it from a dealer almost 100 miles away although there is a local one only 20 miles away.

What concerns me is if I take it to the local one to get serviced then I have a warranty issue, who do I speak to about the warranty.

The local one might say, take it to where you bought it and they might say, take it to where you got it serviced.

If you take it to your local dealer for servicing they are unlikely to not help you if you need to make a warranty claim because they would hope you continue using them.

I know this doesn't answer your question but it does give you an idea of the mindset of KTM UK and how they might be if there was a subsequent warranty claim if the service had not been done by a KTM dealer.

I've heard this so many times re KTM dealers.

I've never owned a KTM so I have no personal experience of the bikes or the dealers but I do fancy owning one ASAP. The crap dealer/warranty/backup INTERNET REPUTATION does put me off buying one.

.....:nenau......

I've heard this so many times re KTM dealers.

I've never owned a KTM so I have no personal experience of the bikes or the dealers but I do fancy owning one ASAP. The crap dealer/warranty/backup INTERNET REPUTATION does put me off buying one.

.....:nenau......

Never had a problem getting warranty work done by KTM dealers who have not supplied the original bike - not that I have had much warranty work done in the first place ;)

KTM are no different to BMW when it comes to warranty work (except 2 years instead of 3) - I am fairly certain that any BMW dealer will resist warranty claims if the bike did not have a full BMW service history :nenau

The issue is that I bought it from a dealer almost 100 miles away although there is a local one only 20 miles away.

What concerns me is if I take it to the local one to get serviced then I have a warranty issue, who do I speak to about the warranty.

The local one might say, take it to where you bought it and they might say, take it to where you got it serviced.

I can't believe I am actually reading this twaddle

If I were you I would take the fucking thing back to the supplying dealer asap, hand them back the keys and tell them you are too fucking stupid to own it :blast

I think you're not understanding what I've said, either may tell me to take it to the other for the reasons I've said, I'm not saying it won't be covered under warranty but I know how dealers get huffy.

Who gets 'huffy' when given work for which they are guaranteed to be paid ? :nenau

You're aware dealers don't get their full hourly rate when they do warranty work aren't you, oh no wait, you best don't you :blast fucking clown.

I fully understand how dealership warranty rates work

I worked in the motor trade for a little over 20 years during which time I never once smashed the sump off my car whilst entering a Tesco car park :augie

Any dealer that flogs someone a bike then tells them to piss off when it needs something done under warranty won't be in business too long.

A dealer you do regular business with including routine service work may be more inclined to fight your corner on any claims that could be considered a grey area, or possibly help out with a bit of discount.

Why worry? It's a KTM so is never going to need warranty work.

Back
Top Bottom