Cylinder head cover paint code

Jondd21

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know the cylinder head covers paint code for an 18 GS Exclusive model ?

Thanks in advance.

Based on Boxflyers advice which is a US site, there is this in the UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-GRANIT-GREY-MET-MATT-PAINT-CODE-963-TOUCH-UP-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE/291950949711

I cannot say if it is the correct paint. Can a motarrad dealer not advise?

That's where I got mine from. The same colour as the alloy wheels, as it turns out. I dropped the bike in the drive putting it onto the centre stand. Double value, as I also buggered the rear rim trying to get a tyre off.

That's where I got mine from. The same colour as the alloy wheels, as it turns out. I dropped the bike in the drive putting it onto the centre stand. Double value, as I also buggered the rear rim trying to get a tyre off.

Was it OK, did it do a passable job?

Have said where to go above.. I've tried the others and was not a good match IMO.... RS is spot on, but you do have to wait a bit for it to fully dry and look the same.. its strange paint when it goes on, has a kind of black film on it when you spray it?

Attachments

• 20201115_095752.jpg
    20201115_095752.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 321
Hi

Spoke to RS Paints this morning. They say for my 2020GS Exclusive (late 2019 build) the cylinder head is listed as Agate (or Achat in German) grey.according to their search by VIN. A colour they haven't got as yet as no one has been in for them to colour match

Then got onto North Oxford BMW where a very helpful guy tried every way to find a code for a touch up, even via the car paints. His system also says Agate grey but BMW don't list a touch up for it.

The grey fram which looks same colour has a different code than the head paint. He says this could be any number of reasons such as the metallic content etc.

I find it strange that BMW do not list a touch up for this, they must have gallons of it somewhere

I did put a link at comment #5 to an Ebay supplier regarding the granite, they also do the Agate, but list it Achat. They also use the code M4B, which is what the dealer had on his system

So for £7 I'm taking a punt on this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-ACHAT-GREY-MET-MATT-PAINT-CODE-M4B-TOUCH-UP-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE/291950949678?hash=item43f9a1f52e:g:EWwAAOSwh9hZ7xse

And see how I get on with the stone chip on the cylinder

Not sure if the colour is same on 2018

i tried the e-bay guy but it was nothing like... hope you get better luck.

If not, send the cover the RS.. they will match it and have it back to you in a day or two... send Manday, back for the weekend... ?

It's only a stone chip on the front of the cover, not worth taking it apart and sending it
I would have gone for the granite grey at first but for speaking to RS then BMW
I will let you know when it comes what it looks like

Back
Top Bottom