Post 29th March

santrix

Reaction score
I assuming that this means folks can go for a ride.. unless I've missed something.. groups of people outside etc etc.

AS is usual, the Govt will not state the bleeding obvious in plain English, Welsh or Gaelic. they leave it to the individual to interpret and take the chance, EG, You can't go to Wales from England, But the Welsh can come over the border. I ask you, this lot couldn't make a decent cup of tea, never mind a decision.

On a brighter note, from May 14th the breakfast venue I have in mind will reopen for trade, Watch this space!

I assuming that this means folks can go for a ride.. unless I've missed something.. groups of people outside etc etc.

The stay local rule is lifted as of midnight tonight, the government are urging people to stay local as much as possible.

So yes, you can go for a ride and meet up to 6 people outside or in a private garden.

Sorry, this is not the HMG intention - I posted guidance in #2 above. The message moves from stay home to stay local, only travelling outside your local patch for essential reasons (reasonable excuse). I don't recall seeing any mention of giving the bike a 100 mile blast to clear the cobwebs, however attractive that may seem.

Then, if all goes to plan, leisure travel will again be permitted wef 12 April. I guess that is all about constraining our natural enthusiasm until Easter has passed.

Changes on 29 March
Social contact
The evidence shows that it is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors. And this is why from 29 March, when most schools start to break up for the Easter holidays, outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside.

Business and activities
Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts, and open-air swimming pools, will also be allowed to reopen, and people will be able to take part in formally organised outdoor sports.

Travel
The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes. Travel abroad will continue to be prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons. Holidays abroad will not be allowed, given it will remain important to manage the risk of imported variants and protect the vaccination programme. The government has launched a new taskforce to review global travel which will report on 12 April.

No body understands it I don’t think, all I know is there are 6 of us out on the 30th for an 80 mile round trip but staying just in England I don’t know if it’s the correct thing or not but as we are all Paramedics and worked hard all the way through I feel we have earned right to may be get it wrong:thumb

No body understands it I don’t think, all I know is there are 6 of us out on the 30th for an 80 mile round trip but staying just in England I don’t know if it’s the correct thing or not but as we are all Paramedics and worked hard all the way through I feel we have earned right to may be get it wrong������

I agree you have earned it and if a group of paramedics can’t be trusted to apply common sense and risk assess a situation then there’s no hope for the rest of us!
Enjoy your ride. :thumb2

No body understands it I don’t think, all I know is there are 6 of us out on the 30th for an 80 mile round trip but staying just in England I don’t know if it’s the correct thing or not but as we are all Paramedics and worked hard all the way through I feel we have earned right to may be get it wrong:thumb

Hope the ride out went well with no issues?

Have tried to only ride solo til things changed. 5 of us went out for a run on Tuesday (30 March), covered nearly 190 miles round a fair part of The Northumberland National Park (which is local
to us as we’re from Gateshead/Tyne & Wear area). Saw no police at all and the roads were actually fairly quiet. As I understand it the current travelling rules are advisory, so you couldn’t actually be fined for leisure riding, which you could have done before 29 March. I’m fortunate to own a caravan in Bamburgh, our site reopens on 12 April, so I guess thereafter there aren’t any leisure travel restrictions. For the record we left no litter or shite anywhere, I wish the same could be said for some of the parks and other beauty spots around the country.

AS is usual, the Govt will not state the bleeding obvious in plain English, Welsh or Gaelic. they leave it to the individual to interpret and take the chance, EG, You can't go to Wales from England, But the Welsh can come over the border. I ask you, this lot couldn't make a decent cup of tea, never mind a decision.

On a brighter note, from May 14th the breakfast venue I have in mind will reopen for trade, Watch this space!

No we can’t

Have tried to only ride solo til things changed. 5 of us went out for a run on Tuesday (30 March), covered nearly 190 miles round a fair part of The Northumberland National Park (which is local
to us as we’re from Gateshead/Tyne & Wear area). Saw no police at all and the roads were actually fairly quiet. As I understand it the current travelling rules are advisory, so you couldn’t actually be fined for leisure riding, which you could have done before 29 March. I’m fortunate to own a caravan in Bamburgh, our site reopens on 12 April, so I guess thereafter there aren’t any leisure travel restrictions. For the record we left no litter or shite anywhere, I wish the same could be said for some of the parks and other beauty spots around the country.

Coming back home from the Wirral this evening on the A483 towards Wrexham, just on the Welsh Border 10 police cars lined up in a layby heading south, good job I was working!

Back
Top Bottom