SV650

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got this 1999 first year model with only 7K miles and in lovely condition. I had the front mudguard off to for a fender extender this morning and I don’t think it has ever seen rain as the hidden steel brackets are mint.

You could put that in a showroom, cracking little bikes but they don't often look that shiny. Enjoy!

suzuki

lucky man. what a nice looking example. and easier to work on than the v-strom.

Immaculate all round wee work horse, just like bikes should be, lucky you��

Did my first decent run home to Cambridge from Sandwich sitting at 70 to 80mph and averaged 59mpg, so pretty much identical to the 2014 VStrom I recently sold. That gives it a theoretical range of 220miles and probably a more realistic range circa 190 taking into account space you can’t actually fill in the tank as it has no main stand. Very happy with that.

Did my first decent run home to Cambridge from Sandwich sitting at 70 to 80mph and averaged 59mpg, so pretty much identical to the 2014 VStrom I recently sold. That gives it a theoretical range of 220miles and probably a more realistic range circa 190 taking into account space you can’t actually fill in the tank as it has no main stand. Very happy with that.
Any particular reason why changed to the SV from the V Strom?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Any particular reason why changed to the SV from the V Strom?

I actually changed to a DCT gearbox NC750X due to arthritis issues but am working away for a few months without secure parking so wanted something I won’t mind leaving out on road and hopefully less likely to get stolen. This one is actually far nicer than I wanted but the price was too good to pass on. It will only be used for the short commute and popping home on motorways so the clutch will not be too much of an issue hopefully

I actually changed to a DCT gearbox NC750X due to arthritis issues but am working away for a few months without secure parking so wanted something I won’t mind leaving out on road and hopefully less likely to get stolen. This one is actually far nicer than I wanted but the price was too good to pass on. It will only be used for the short commute and popping home on motorways so the clutch will not be too much of an issue hopefully
Ah, I remember you saying on here about the NC. I'm looking at possibly getting a V Strom later in the year and wondered if there was an issue with them.

Ah, I remember you saying on here about the NC. I'm looking at possibly getting a V Strom later in the year and wondered if there was an issue with them.

Not at all. Amazingly competent bikes and relatively cheap. Far better than the NC in my opinion. Probably all the bike you actually need. Try and find a negative review.

my brother changed from a tiger 800 to an africa twin dct because of arthritis in his thumb. had an op about a year + ago and is now a lot better. had a small bone removed and while he can't grip too strongly at least he has free movement. he won't be going back to a clutched bike though. me, i like my vstrom 650.

Back
Top Bottom