Roadlock fitment....

hairysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone transferred a roadlock from a GS/GSA 1200lc fitted with brembo brakes to a 1250 fitted with Hayes brakes. If so are the bolts and spacers the same length for both models. Just wondering before I attempt to fit roadlock to my new bike...

Was about to fit it last night and then i realised that the lock mechanism had partially seized...🙄

Mine does occasionally, probably because it only gets a wash a few times a year - a quick spray in the keyhole with WD40 solves it for me.

As marvelous as the idea of the Roadlock is, it has it's flaws. But a bit of TLC will be all it takes.

For anyone interested, the topic is described in another post in this forum.

Was about to fit it last night and then i realised that the lock mechanism had partially seized...🙄

I had one whose innards (don't know the technical terms) were a bit loose and so, during a ride, would vibrate out of line resulting in it being difficult to insert the key. I carried the end of a cable tie to poke in the keyhole and align the innards then the key would go in. The barrel is easily changed, if necessary.

As for maintenance, don't use WD40 or other lubricants - get some graphite lock lubricant.

Now unseized and fitted thanks. Did have to use a different set of spacers as holes in disc didn't line up but no big deal...

Roadlock UK supplier

Hi all,

Just bought myself a 1250 GSA Rally TE on Friday from Williams, in the process of farkling it up, anyone point me in the right direction on the contact who supplies the Roadlocks in the UK.

Remember reading some time back a member on here can supply, but I can't find the post.

Cheers

Darren

Back
Top Bottom