Principal Insurance - any takers ?

Flipper_Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ah the annual delight of being buggered by an insurance company. Bennets are saying that my underwriter for last year is not covering my post code any longer......even though I live in a sleepy hamlet with no thefts reported at all in the area. Aviva are offering to take my last year premium of £338 and change it to £885 ! That's for a R1250 GSA 2019 (£14k ish).

GoCompare has Principal insurance quoting £280 with £1k excess - anyone used ?

Ah the annual delight of being buggered by an insurance company. Bennets are saying that my underwriter for last year is not covering my post code any longer......even though I live in a sleepy hamlet with no thefts reported at all in the area. Aviva are offering to take my last year premium of £338 and change it to £885 ! That's for a R1250 GSA 2019 (£14k ish).

GoCompare has Principal insurance quoting £280 with £1k excess - anyone used ?

Yep, I've been with principle for a few years previously. They are a broker and have bikers on the staff. I found them very good to deal with. They are one of the 3 I phone each year for quotes, would use them again if they were competitive

Yep, I've been with principle for a few years previously. They are a broker and have bikers on the staff. I found them very good to deal with. They are one of the 3 I phone each year for quotes, would use them again if they were competitive

Great ! Cheers

Who is the underwriter? Principle (pal) are just a broker.

Try one of the other comparison sites to cross reference - Moneysupermarket is not owned by one of the big insurers.

Check the excesses carefully and other benefits like riding other bikes and the number of days you get full cover in Europe.

Who is the underwriter? Principle (pal) are just a broker.

Try one of the other comparison sites to cross reference - Moneysupermarket is not owned by one of the big insurers.

Check the excesses carefully and other benefits like riding other bikes and the number of days you get full cover in Europe.

Zenith are the underwriter. £270 just paid with £1k excess.... 60days in Europe and riding other bikes....neither of which I'll likely do in next 12months.

Zenith are the underwriter. £270 just paid with £1k excess.... 60days in Europe and riding other bikes....neither of which I'll likely do in next 12months.

I had nothing but trouble with them when I was run into by a 3rd party. Her insurance co were easier to deal with. Took a month for my bike to be examined. JJH

Roll on the end of this year, when they finally have to stop price walking!

Adrian Flux for me

£460 for a new GSA with 2 other bikes (R1 and GSXR) fully comp.

I had nothing but trouble with them when I was run into by a 3rd party. Her insurance co were easier to deal with. Took a month for my bike to be examined. JJH

I knew someone would come along with a horror story :)

It's not going to be used as heavily as the last 25yrs, work is changing and this really is to cover 'worse case' rather than I need it back on the road in a matter of days etc. So I think I'm happy taking the saving for the short term and then face the pain if/when I have to claim.

Cheers for your comments folks - appreciated.

Doesn't matter which insurance company you are with, someone will have a horror story, most luckily pay the money and never worry about it again.

Back
Top Bottom