Neotec 2 info required.

turpin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old Neotec 2 used on a 'as and when basis' and has covered some 12000/15000 miles of use. I ride with the chin bar raised whilst pottering round town or stuck' filtering in traffic, I never ride with the bar raised whilst on major roads due to the strain on the neck and the risk to suffering major trauma to the face in the event of a 'prang'

The issue I have is that there is movement of about 5mm when the chin bar is raised and locked. I have returned the helmet to the dealer which in turned returned it to Feridax for there opinion and repair/adjustment. The helmet is now back with me but the movement regarding the chin bar is still there. I have contacted the dealer to see what action was undertaken to rectify the movement or at least obtain some form of technical report as to the safety of the helmet. The only comment forthcoming was that they would not have returned the helmet if there had been a safety issue.

So I am hoping that the wise and wonderful collective may have some thought as why this has occurred; Is this movement normal and to be expected due to use, has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

So as you know you can put chin bar in two raised positions.
In my almost new Neotec 2 (less than 500miles).
There is small play/movement in the first position (chin bar not locked).
When I push the chin bar further into second (locked) position all the movement is gone. It holds the chin bar properly.

Hope that helps.

I've got two Neotec 2, one has been used for about 15k miles, second 6k miles. 5mm movement in the first lock position, none when fully up and locked

Right checked the helmet, bugger me you are both right! Three years of owning that helmet and I never knew that, just shows you're never to old to learn :D

my homer moment for the month:blast:blast

Right checked the helmet, bugger me you are both right! Three years of owning that helmet and I never knew that, just shows you're never to old to learn :D

my homer moment for the month:blast:blast

Glad you finally discovered your neotec ! I've had a Alpine 9 fitted in my van, for over a year I've always moaned about the awkward operation, switching between BT, DAB and FM, Then only yesterday discovered one button exposed a screen with all options there ! And I did read the F Manual !

Glad you finally discovered your neotec ! I've had a Alpine 9 fitted in my van, for over a year I've always moaned about the awkward operation, switching between BT, DAB and FM, Then only yesterday discovered one button exposed a screen with all options there ! And I did read the F Manual !

Well, I've just finished removing the eg from my face!! As the saying goes 'There is no fool like an old fool' plus it nice to know I'm not alone :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom