Victorinox Swiss Knife

Wildfowler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought a swiss army over 20 years ago and used it for almost everything. It was slighly abused over the last couple of years and I tried to do things that it wasnt intended for and resulted in the two knives braking. One snapped in half and the other tip snapped. I was going to bin it but could not bring myself arounfd to getting rid of it as it has been such a great tool. I read somewhere that they provide a lifetime warranty and I thought I would try to see if I could get it fixed.

I got in touch with the UK distributor and after they wold me to send the knife to them recorded and that they would send off to Switzerland and I can expect to hear back. I t could take upto 12 weeks. I expected t get a call and inform me that they could not fix or that the cost of fixing it would be ££.

To my amazement after nearly 12 weeks to the day I received my knife back. I could not believe it. It was like the day I nought it and they did not even charge me. Now that is what I call customer service and I also let them know that.

If I would have know that I am not sure that I would have spent the cash on buying a new Leatherman Wave just a couple of months back. But that said the Wave is a great piece of kit too.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 501
Wonderful story, Manufacturer who wants the Customer to be delighted. Hope that bug spreads!

I use the one my wife bought me in Switzerland about 10 years ago, almost every day at work, it’s a great tool, the little scissors are especially useful, the screwdrivers useful if you want to take the odd screw out, when your tools are 100 yards away.

I have one fromwayback, maybe 20 years. Lost the little screwdriver and the toothpick, I must look for them on ebay. It is a masterpiece.

Hard working knives, i was given mine by my Dad on joining the local scout troop in 1983. It's cut open all sorts and sits in one of my Bumots and comes away with me most years.
I like the look of the leather pouch, will give Amazon a look for one.

They actually replaced the tweezers and the toothpick which was missing. I bought the leather holder for it at the same time as I bought the knife. Really nice and neat/ :)

II thought it was a nice little story to share on Easter weekend.

What a great tale & customer service which others could learn from.

Allen Millyard swears by his Swiss Army Knife :thumb

Great stuff, mine came with a black leather pouch, I assumed they all did.

I have two Victorinox watches.

Absolutely great timekeepers, never owned one of their penknives though.

Tom

I have never owned a Swiss Army knife, though I do own a Victorinox ‘Travel card’ thing, which is excellent. This was a free gift (aka, a bribe) from Swiss Re, a global and massive insurer, offered in exchange for a promise that I would never again show them any more of my shite reinsurance business. I took the card but failed (miserably) to uphold my side of the agreement. Hopefully, they will bribe me again and I can get a penknife.

I’ve had a Champ for 25 years, the one with the inbuilt watch, not sure what the model is. My wife took it to the local fishing tackle shop and bought me a Whitby leather pouch for it. It’s really well made and fits perfectly. Fabulous tools.

Not just their customer service which is excellent.

Since Victorinox was founded they have never had to lay anyone off, instead during the slow times they ‘donated’ staff to other companies whilst continuing to pay them.

Great story. I bought mine in 1987 just before taking off backing packing around the world for 12 months. It's done so much work, got me out of endless situations and still going strong. Some good stories. Only changes are I added the tiny screwdriver (fits in the corkscrew) and I bought it a case in western Australia in 1988. Seldom leave home for longer than a day without it. That and a Gerber multitool.

Attachments

• knives.jpg
    knives.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 210

Back
Top Bottom