Scotland Trip June 2021

restandplay

Reaction score
Hi
I want to do the NC500 Scotland tour late early June. I have planned the ride and it includes 5 nights hotel accommodation at an average of £40 per night so a low budget ride really. I ride a Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. Dates are flexible at present. Route would suit all levels of riding ability. I am looking for someone to join me for the ride. If interested just let me know and I will give you more detail of the route etc.

Thanks

Derek

Do you wish to go late or early June :confused:

You say dates are flexible and it's budget accommodation, may I be so rude and say, unless you have your accommodation booked very, very quickly you won't be staying n any accommodation never mind budget ones.

I'm up there late May on my snorter, I'm also likely to go up again probably around July and again in October, who knows, you may seem me there buzzing around, if you wait for me on the straights, I may wait for you in corners :D

Derek, hi, I’m intrigued as to which hotels you’ve booked in June for £40 per night. I often go to Scotland on the bike, in fact there’s a few of us going late May and staying in Tyndrum for four nights. As Cabby has said, if you haven’t already booked, you’ll be lucky to find any accommodation, ours has been booked since last year.

On a positive note, if you have never done Scotland before, you are definitely in for a treat.

Do you wish to go late or early June :confused:

You say dates are flexible and it's budget accommodation, may I be so rude and say, unless you have your accommodation booked very, very quickly you won't be staying n any accommodation never mind budget ones.

I'm up there late May on my snorter, I'm also likely to go up again probably around July and again in October, who knows, you may seem me there buzzing around, if you wait for me on the straights, I may wait for you in corners :D

Early June or late May would be ideal. Yes at present a budget of £40 a night would cover it via booking.com. Fuel and food on top. Maybe food £30 per day would cover it.

Derek

Somewhat off topic but Tyndrum for four nights, seems a strange number of nights to stay there.

Yeah, I’d rather go for longer but the Mrs only let’s me go for 4 days at a time stating it’s unfair to leave the dogs with her and expect her to look after them. She never walks them while I’m away so to keep the peace I go Thursday and return Monday. That way at least I can walk the dogs before I set off on the Thursday, Friday they are on their own for a few hours, Saturday and Sunday the Mrs is at home so they have some company and then I usually get home just after lunch on the Monday.
It’s not ideal but it’s worked for a few years and I do it to keep the peace!

You may have misunderstood my point, maybe I misunderstood your original posting, you're staying in Tyndrum for four nights ??

You may have misunderstood my point, maybe I misunderstood your original posting, you're staying in Tyndrum for four nights ??

What Cabs is trying to say is ... "Why?" Tyndrum makes sense as a base if you look at the map alone but there's not a lot there! If you're not bothered about lack of amenity, there's plenty of other places in the Highlands!

What Cabs is trying to say is ... "Why?" Tyndrum makes sense as a base if you look at the map alone but there's not a lot there! If you're not bothered about lack of amenity, there's plenty of other places in the Highlands!

It makes sense as a base for a couple of nights but four :blast

Lol, now I understand. Convenience more than anything else. It’s not too far into Scotland that it creates a barrier for some of us who attend. One of our attendees travels from Worthing in Sussex. We stay at Tyndrum Lodges which provides a good base for either going North towards Skye or over towards Blairgowrie where I also sometimes stay. Glenshee, Braemar etc are all within reasonable travelling distance. So if we’re riding most of the day we can chill out in the evening at Tyndrum Inn or back at The Lodges.

OK I get it now, first night to get there, two nights out and back, well three but after final night back down the road :thumb enjoy, hope the weathers good as that's when I'm heading proper north. :aidan

Derek, hi, I’m intrigued as to which hotels you’ve booked in June for £40 per night. I often go to Scotland on the bike, in fact there’s a few of us going late May and staying in Tyndrum for four nights. As Cabby has said, if you haven’t already booked, you’ll be lucky to find any accommodation, ours has been booked since last year.

On a positive note, if you have never done Scotland before, you are definitely in for a treat.
Tyndrum, 4 nights, it’s great for fish n chips, then crack on,

Back
Top Bottom