Someone put me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be fine, I pulled the pin and shoved the virtual hand grenade in my leather jacket pocket so sooner or later I’ll start crying about whatever problems arise :hippy

he is going to butter you up , and drop it on your doorstep.

It’s a push rod single with chain drive. If it fucks up (when it fucks up) I’ll ship it out to Nepal where they’ll repair it at the side of the road.

Mine used to weave at 75, which was its top speed,

You didn’t slow down as it made it more interesting :D

Mine had done 4000 miles and the gearbox was crap,

I used to fix and service them and I never rode one with a decent gearbox,

My favourite was the older ones, get it past TDC and give it a big kick and away she goes.
Different bikes I know, but the RE Interceptor 650 has the slickest gearbox of any bike I have owned, slipper clutch and 6 speed.

I’ve not even collected the bike and quality issues have arisen.

I phoned to ask when I can collect it and apparently the dealer is waiting for the panniers to arrive which is no big deal, I don’t think they’ll ever be used so I’ll have them later but they’ve found a defect in the paintwork on the petrol tank and are waiting for a replacement to arrive :blast

They’re going to check if I can take the bike as it is and have the tank changed out when the bike goes in for a service but they don’t think the factory will allow it because the defect in the paintwork would reflect badly on their quality control. Smells like bullshit but what can you do :nenau

I’ve not even collected the bike and quality issues have arisen.

I phoned to ask when I can collect it and apparently the dealer is waiting for the panniers to arrive which is no big deal, I don’t think they’ll ever be used so I’ll have them later but they’ve found a defect in the paintwork on the petrol tank and are waiting for a replacement to arrive :blast

They’re going to check if I can take the bike as it is and have the tank changed out when the bike goes in for a service but they don’t think the factory will allow it because the defect in the paintwork would reflect badly on their quality control. Smells like bullshit but what can you do :nenau

Congratulations

I nearly bought one the same as this last year, but came to my senses :p
2020-Royal-Enfield-Classic-500h.jpg

At least RE understand that putting pretty females on bikes can make any old piece of junk look good :D

At least RE understand that putting pretty females on bikes can make any old piece of junk look good :D

I loved the look of that 500 classic, I just want to actually "get" where I'm going :p
I Bought another Hundah instead (obviously)

In fairness a friend of mine bought the 650 interceptor but then ruined it buy putting a "cool" looking seat on it and lower bars...made it so uncomfortable he couldn't do more than 30 mins at a time on it, the motor was a peach though...he chopped it on for a new Yamaha tracer 700 last summer

I loved the look of that 500 classic, I just want to actually "get" where I'm going :p
I Bought another Hundah instead (obviously)

I wouldn’t buy one as my only bike but I just fancied having a new toy I can potter about on and it’s obvious from your photo that they’re a fanny magnet :beerjug:

I wouldn’t buy one as my only bike but I just fancied having a new toy I can potter about on and it’s obvious from your photo that they’re a fanny magnet :beerjug:

It'll be perfect, I look forward to hearing how you get on with it :cool:

At least I’m getting my warranty claims in (and testing the system) early because the dealer just phoned to say they’ve got panniers for me, I can have it with the tank that needs replacing so everything is ready to go.

Oh no it’s not. One of the mechanics was giving it a final visual check over before it goes for a test ride and he noticed a brake line appeared to be kinked so he started poking around, disconnected and removed the line and it’s a definite kink that shouldn’t be there so he said no chance is that going on the road. The warranty claim has been approved and the part should arrive in the middle of next week and then it gets a test ride and I get the bike. Maybe.

You were warned! Still, Ducati and KTM have had their quality issues in their time, RE are in good company!

You were warned! Still, Ducati and KTM have had their quality issues in their time, RE are in good company!

It’s character forming and at least I don’t have to find the issues later, the dealer picks them up before I collect the bike 😀

Honestly, I really don’t care because I expected a turd and I’ve not been disappointed 🍺

You’re not going to polish it then? Sorry, just couldn’t resist. Though seriously a bike like the RE would make sense around the Cotswold lanes, as long as it had suspension to cope with the potholes

You’re not going to polish it then? Sorry, just couldn’t resist. Though seriously a bike like the RE would make sense around the Cotswold lanes, as long as it had suspension to cope with the potholes

I might make it a bit noisier by chucking a reverse cone mega on it, apparently it’s what you do to things like that :D

We’ve got plenty of lanes around here that have the obligatory gravel ridge and grass growing in the middle of them where heavy bikes like my 1150 GS are hard work and the locals throw rocks at anyone they perceive to be riding an off road bike illegally on the road so the Enfield kind of makes sense as a bike to pop out for a quiet beer on :beerjug:

It looks as the part that was arriving in the middle of the week didn’t so there’ll be no new bike day for me this week. I’m off to Scotland working on Monday and I’ve told the dealers I’ll want the bike delivering if I’m away beyond 2 weeks because I’ve got sponsors in the bag for the DGR and need something that looks a bit old or I’ll look a bit of a c*nt :blast

They’ve promised to deliver it and if there’s a problem I can have a loaner so that’s something but I’m getting bored now and thinking I should have blown the money on a different RE from elsewhere.

It looks as the part that was arriving in the middle of the week didn’t so there’ll be no new bike day for me this week. I’m off to Scotland working on Monday and I’ve told the dealers I’ll want the bike delivering if I’m away beyond 2 weeks because I’ve got sponsors in the bag for the DGR and need something that looks a bit old or I’ll look a bit of a c*nt :blast

They’ve promised to deliver it and if there’s a problem I can have a loaner so that’s something but I’m getting bored now and thinking I should have blown the money on a different RE from elsewhere.

Can you get one quicker elsewhere?
and how much of a hassle/cost to you would it be to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom