Someone put me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks as the part that was arriving in the middle of the week didn’t so there’ll be no new bike day for me this week. I’m off to Scotland working on Monday and I’ve told the dealers I’ll want the bike delivering if I’m away beyond 2 weeks because I’ve got sponsors in the bag for the DGR and need something that looks a bit old or I’ll look a bit of a c*nt :blast

They’ve promised to deliver it and if there’s a problem I can have a loaner so that’s something but I’m getting bored now and thinking I should have blown the money on a different RE from elsewhere.

Aah , the joys of RE ownership, looks like you don’t need any help being put off one ... and you haven’t started it up yet 😳

Can you get one quicker elsewhere?
and how much of a hassle/cost to you would it be to do so?

The model I’ve paid for, no. If I’d ordered a different one I’d have cancelled it and gone elsewhere (if I could find one) but the 500 has ceased production so they’re all getting a bit thin on the ground. It’s particularly frustrating because they’ve got 2 in stock but both are paid for and the other owner doesn’t want his until 1st May but already has the frame number so insured it ready for collection.

Everyone told me RE ownership was character forming :blast

Aah , the joys of RE ownership, looks like you don’t need any help being put off one ... and you haven’t started it up yet ��

I’m sure the joys of actual ownership will make up for the present frustration :D

I think I’d rather walk than ride a piece of Shiite like that.
Has that put you off??
:D

Referred to my 1st post

I should think being a mechanic/tech at a RE dealer is quite stressful,knowing the bike that you did the PDI on the previous day will be back.
Was it some thing missed,or something shit.:blast

Referred to my 1st post

I should think being a mechanic/tech at a RE dealer is quite stressful,knowing the bike that you did the PDI on the previous day will be back.
Was it some thing missed,or something shit.:blast

At least the bikes have a lovely, smooth & linear throttle response (even if it can’t pull the skin of a rice pudding) :D

Don’t listen to the naysayers Andy, they are brilliant bikes and far more of an adventure bike than half the bikes on here :thumb

Andres

Attachments

• B400DFDA-E2CB-4701-8262-CD43983D4563.jpeg
    B400DFDA-E2CB-4701-8262-CD43983D4563.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 176297D2-2AD8-414E-A1DD-A812745E8587.jpeg
    176297D2-2AD8-414E-A1DD-A812745E8587.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 155
At least the bikes have a lovely, smooth & linear throttle response (even if it can’t pull the skin of a rice pudding) :D

Don’t listen to the naysayers Andy, they are brilliant bikes and far more of an adventure bike than half the bikes on here :thumb

Andres

I knew you’d understand :hug

It’ll be great, the wife has already said there’s no way she’s sitting on the pillion pad so I can take it off and put a small rack for a tent on there and it’s ready for a nice slow tour where I can be a rolling road block for caravans and motorhome owners while chatting to cyclists and tractor drivers :hippy

My mate has one. His past bikes include Multistradas, a Panigale and Hinckley Bonnevilles, the RE is his go to bike, unless he’s riding with his mates!

I know I keep making derogatory comments about it but I’m really looking forward to trundling around on the bike when it finally gets into my hands.

The dealers have been far from ideal and if I’m going to be brutal about it they’re probably the worst I’ve dealt with for communication but that’s not the bike, it’s the fuckers selling it and they’ll certainly not getting repeat business from me.

I know I keep making derogatory comments about it but I’m really looking forward to trundling around on the bike when it finally gets into my hands.

The dealers have been far from ideal and if I’m going to be brutal about it they’re probably the worst I’ve dealt with for communication but that’s not the bike, it’s the fuckers selling it and they’ll certainly not getting repeat business from me.

A&D at Denbigh are independant Enfield agents and are excellent to deal with. I didn't (mores the pity) get my Himmy from them but have dealt with them
over a couple of warranty issues and have come up trumps every time. Paul Beach is the manager and a very nice, helpful guy. They are 35 miles of nice
roads from me so, an hour or so each way, there is a really good cafe for a brew and a bacon butty if you so wish. I was there Saturday for an oil filter for
the Himmy. Had a look at the 2021 Himalayan, some changes colours, exhaust down pipe plus others but still essentially the same bike as mine.

I’ve got a few dealers within 25 miles of where I live so I’ll try out the closest first and if they’re any good they’ll keep my business.

Denbigh isn’t far and a decent cafe is always a major plus point but avoiding motorways would involve a lot of messing about so I’ll leave that one for now but thanks for the suggestion :thumb2

I’ve got a few dealers within 25 miles of where I live so I’ll try out the closest first and if they’re any good they’ll keep my business.

Denbigh isn’t far and a decent cafe is always a major plus point but avoiding motorways would involve a lot of messing about so I’ll leave that one for now but thanks for the suggestion :thumb2

Yes, no easy good routes for you.

If the dealers you have available are motogb tied dealers, expect more of the same.

Yes, no easy good routes for you.

If the dealers you have available are motogb tied dealers, expect more of the same.

That’s my biggest concern. If they’re all out of the same pot I’ll ride it to Denbigh rather than be messed about.

Apparently the bike will be delivered on Friday once my wife has told them what time is most suitable for her. It won’t have the new tank but that’s not a big deal though it’d be nice to know when I’ll be home to ride it.

I’m home now and it’s too late to put me off because the bike’s in the garage so it’s thread closure time.

I’ll stick phots etc in another thread along with a couple of modifications I want to make to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom