This is what you need.....

Wapping

Reaction score
..... for sorting shite out:

0f1a9a01e76838ce07220ecb72891437.jpg

Standing on the end of it, to use as a lever..... it certainly pings back with a vengeance, when it slips.

Gorilla bars are wonderful bits of kit. A 10” version lives in my tool bag and no matter what the job is, the bar gets used at some point while I’m setting everything up.

For roots and stumps there can only be one tool; The Draper chisel point hedging bar, aka the worlds largest screwdriver. Recommended some time ago by a gardner friend, it has proved its worth many times in my new garden.

Thank you for the tip. I have some more to do, along with a length of wall and path to rip out. We used to have two excellent pick axes /mattock from home - probably now sixty years old, as dad had and used them for as long as I can remember - but my mother (in a stroke of genius) gave them away, along with his 24” bow saw.

Archimedes knew a thing or two about digging out stumps :thumb The extra length provides the leverage while the weight and tip give penetration; one of these and a mattock and you'll be sailing along, sweating like a rapist but sailing along.

Leverage and rollers, two tools to never go without. That and a large tough sheet to drag debris on. She also gave away his old large builders’ barrow; the one he used to move a ton of sand (not in one go, obviously) a hundred yards in the height of the Provençal summer. The one hundred yards was not level or smooth and included a flight of steps. Top man, the old man.

Back
Top Bottom