Short gloves

roryg

Reaction score
How’s it goin lads, any recommendations for a pair of short gloves, would like something I can wear year around, so I’m guessing gortex, or do I need short summer and short winter gloves?
Have a few pairs of long gloves and they are doing my head in with my jacket cuffs
Was looking at...
Alpinestars Belize
Klim gtx
Richa atlantic gtx
Furygan td21
Dainese solarys

You could put the Rukka Ceres on your list

Dont go for the Klim goretex unless they have sorted out the Gore bonding I have had 4 pairs now on warranty as the liners keep pulling out ( usually at petrol stations) and have now given up on them

Depends on your budget!

I use the Alpinestars polar gtx for winter, klim vanguard gtx for spring and autumn and alpinestars scheme for summer.

All short cuff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How’s it goin lads, any recommendations for a pair of short gloves, would like something I can wear year around, so I’m guessing gortex, or do I need short summer and short winter gloves?
Have a few pairs of long gloves and they are doing my head in with my jacket cuffs
Was looking at...
Alpinestars Belize
Klim gtx
Richa atlantic gtx
Furygan td21
Dainese solarys

Depends on your definition of short. The best gloves I've had for years re Rukka Virium. Shortish cuff that will go inside most jackets but they are a bit of a faff inside a Rally jacket and. waterproof over jacket at the same time. Laminated gore-tex and icy my experience 100% waterproof. They're a fit sweaty (like any gtx glove) in the height of summer and not quite warm enough in the depths of winter, even with silk liners. Overall, I'd say a good 3-season glove and bulletproof quality.

How cold do you intend to ride around at in the winter and how short is, ‘short’? I guess you mean, “Without a large or bulky cuff”?

The best ‘short’ gloves I have found are the Rukka Apollo. I also quite like the Rukka Virium gloves, which I have got as a spare pair. There again, I have hands that suit Rukka gloves’ size range. As always, try some on for yourself; it’s what I do. What suits me, may not suit you.

I also have a pair of ‘oversized’ (I normally take a Rukka 10) Virium gloves for winter use (when I use electric glove liners) and a pair of Rukka ‘lobster claw’ gloves. I could justify having them all, as I was doing a lot of miles a year.

I have has a pair of Rukka Virium for almost 3 years, a brilliant glove except for the hottest & coldest days
Recently had a small piece of stitching come loose. Rukka repaired them free of charge even though they were out of the 2 year warranty
I've also recently bought a pair of Rukka Kallix gloves but only worn them out once. Feel fine but more for a warmer day and to save packing 2 pairs of gloves
Both are goretex
The Virium fit really well between the 2 cuffs on the nivala jacket are not bulky at all. The cuff looks more bulky on the Rukka photos, it's not at all
Once they give up the ghost I will get another pair

I prefer to have a plain leather glove, maybe with perforations, for summer use where that includes riding in Spain etc at over 30C. Currently I use these Weise gloves https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/28772

I use an intermediate glove for the rest of the year. I am not a fan of bulky gauntlets so I use bar muffs in winter. Alpinestars Drystar are good and the Rukka Mars. These have a cuff but is not bulky so you can get your jacket over the glove, which is my preference.

Go retro, Elkskin Ropers from Aerostitch; or the Steptoe approved alternative £15 Gardening gloves from your local garden centre/Homebase/B&Q :thumb

Rukka Ceres are my first choice glove, I have Argosaurus for extreme wet or cold and BMW enduro for the summer

I’ve used Klim Element short gloves for 5 years (summers). Surprisingly they are Size XL. And I’m not.

Have never had any problems with linings coming out.

They’re a bit too hot at 25 degrees or more.

I used to carry a pair of tan Ropers for sunny days, but bought some small Held gloves for warmer days. They look a bit Darth Vader but work well.

Back
Top Bottom