Might be a stupid question

Mikeyjim

Reaction score
Hi there, am new so please forgive stupid question. I am swapping from 2009 R1200GS to 2017 R1200GSA - my panniers are Touratech and I am very fond of the patina. Can anyone tell me if there is a conversion kit available that allow these to fit the 2017 with exhaust on other side or am I stuck with new ones? Many thanks.

just buy the appropriate touratech panier rails for the 2017 and mount them the other way round is my guess,assuming you mean touratect proper not touratech bmw,ie your rails are hoops

Sorry they are metal BMW panniers not Touratech (confused by stickers!). Rails have directional fixings.

They would be a big seller . I asked Mark Hooton of I think it’s cymarc could he come up with a kit to do that but maybe it’s not feasible on a cost effective way

Wont work I’m afraid. Exhaust moved side between those models so the I sent for it is on the wrong Lanier and the way the slot onto the rails means the won’t go on backwards.

You should be able to get an ok price for them on here though and put that towards some shiny new ones for your new bike.

Back
Top Bottom