Portsoy attendees - the guest list

I headed that way on Saturday morning but never got there as the haar was in and I was getting freezing so I turned inland instead!

Saturday and Sunday morning the visibility was like pea soup with the mist coming in off the sea and it didn’t cleared till after midday so heading inland was a good call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I headed that way on Saturday morning but never got there as the haar was in and I was getting freezing so I turned inland instead!
Aye ,,‘‘twas quite bad ! I rode down from John O Groats in that Haar ,,, Bloody dangerous really ,,, turned inland at Golspie ,, - - couple of miles inland and it was back to sunshine ! ,, Strange Microclimate that :thumb2

Do they have a big fixed one on site?

There might be a normal one, I need to check. Those in vans may be able to bring something then we'll be sorted. There's a good area at the back of the hostel that I'm sure we could use if there aren't others staying

There might be a normal one, I need to check. Those in vans may be able to bring something then we'll be sorted. There's a good area at the back of the hostel that I'm sure we could use if there aren't others staying

I'll have my Lotus Grill with me ... not very large but it'll help I'm sure :thumby:

i-N7Pnfbq-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Those little square gas grill's you get in camping shops , fit perfectly in a vario pannier ;)

I'll prolly have mine with me as well as a back up

Just to add .... I'll have a GS911 fault code reader with me, a 12v compressor and jump start kit on board :thumb

I'll be away in the Camper with Chocky for six or eight weeks September/October, taking in the Portsoy weekend :)

I'm booked in to Sunart Camp site at Strontian for the weekend before (3rd 4th and 5th) will then have a couple of days at Loch Ness Shores, Foyers, before moving on to Portsoy :thumb

After Portsoy heading north and on to Orkney and then to Sanday, if anyone is interested in a meet up?

I was in Portsoy on Saturday and was very disappointed to see that the cafe “Beggars Belief” has gone and also, the pub didn’t look very open either.

I'll be away in the Camper with Chocky for six or eight weeks September/October, taking in the Portsoy weekend :)

I'm booked in to Sunart Camp site at Strontian for the weekend before (3rd 4th and 5th) will then have a couple of days at Loch Ness Shores, Foyers, before moving on to Portsoy :thumb

After Portsoy heading north and on to Orkney and then to Sanday, if anyone is interested in a meet up?

I might pencil in Strontian if operation Portsoy, goes tits up ;)

I was in Portsoy on Saturday and was very disappointed to see that the cafe “Beggars Belief” has gone and also, the pub didn’t look very open either.

Station Hotel bar is open, The Shore Inn is hoping to open soon, just waiting until things ease more. I messaged them this week to check.
The Seafield Arms in Whitehills is also open with a good beer garden and great pies, Micky and I got the bus through last week for a couple of cold ones :beerjug:

Station Hotel bar is open, The Shore Inn is hoping to open soon, just waiting until things ease more. I messaged them this week to check.
The Seafield Arms in Whitehills is also open with a good beer garden and great pies, Micky and I got the bus through last week for a couple of cold ones :beerjug:

Cold pies!:barf:barf:barf:barf

The Shore inn is open - - - and was “ going like a fair “ yesterday ,,,, alas I was driving so not able to do a quality check on the ale :D

Back
Top Bottom