Tank bag on a K1600b?

jp842

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone found a tank bag that fits under the handlebars on K1600 bagger? I appreciate it will have to be a small bag, but I can't find anything in the UK.

Some say the K1600GT BMW tank bag fits the bagger & GA without interfering with the swing of the bars. Never tried it myself, but maybe your dealer can help - IIRC they are around £190 new & genuinely waterproof if my GSLC bag is representative. Some just use a small handlebar bag for small items; I think Wunderlich do something appropriate, but other options are available.

Probably the best option comes from RKA in the US, where Richard & Kathy have set to work producing a whole range of bike specific gear for your every need. Bespoke doesn't come cheap though, along with import/carriage costs: -

......... https://www.rka-luggage.com/A08 BMW/K1600 Bagger/K1600Bagger_ALL.html

Sometime items come up on the K1600 forum UK riders for sale section - are you a member? www.k1600forum.com/forum/uk-riders/

Some say the K1600GT BMW tank bag fits the bagger & GA without interfering with the swing of the bars. Never tried it myself, but maybe your dealer can help - IIRC they are around £190 new & genuinely waterproof if my GSLC bag is representative. Some just use a small handlebar bag for small items; I think Wunderlich do something appropriate, but other options are available.

Probably the best option comes from RKA in the US, where Richard & Kathy have set to work producing a whole range of bike specific gear for your every need. Bespoke doesn't come cheap though, along with import/carriage costs: -

......... https://www.rka-luggage.com/A08 BMW/K1600 Bagger/K1600Bagger_ALL.html

Sometime items come up on the K1600 forum UK riders for sale section - are you a member? www.k1600forum.com/forum/uk-riders/
Thanks Squibb, I've looked at the BMW 1600gt bag and although it does fit, it has to sit quite far back on the tank not to foul the bars and doesn't look right in my opinion. I will have another look however. The RKA bag looks just the job, so I will explore the costs from America.
Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom