Air Pump X

gazuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tried one. Keeps appearing on my facebook. https://airpumpx.co/

It's a battery powered pump which they reckon can do 5 car tyres from flat on one charge.

As I have a 2017 GSA with Cambus and two older bikes without a power socket, I thought it may be useful if it does what they say. It charges from USB so could even charge it on GSA.

It aint too cheap at £77, but probably cheaper than me biying a pump and 3 power sockets.

Must admit I'm always suspicious of websites that don't give an address either in the 'About Us' or 'Contact Us' links.

I’m very surprised by the claim that a pump of this low voltage (5v) can inflate five car tyres. My Oasser P2 runs at 12v (2000mAh) and yesterday pumped my RT’s rear tyre to 42psi from flat in about three minutes - and I will give it the benefit of doubt and suggest it will take one car tyre up to 30psi. 12v inflators can also be powered from your bike if necessary where a USB model can only charge when connected to your battery via a USB port

Attachments

• 169798CB-056B-47BE-B988-C813A340EE44.jpg
    169798CB-056B-47BE-B988-C813A340EE44.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 218
So good service from Maplin. Ordered Sunday, arrived today (Tuesday) free postage.

Looks to be the same pump.

On charge now, will let a few tyres down at the weekend and see how it performs.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Ok, so i put 0.8 bar in a car tyre and topped up the others totaling aprox 1.8 bar altogether. I also put a couple of psi in some bike tyres.

So al in all, probably equilivant to one full tyre inflation.

When the pump is in use the red light is now on which supposedly signifies less than 20% battery left, but when not inflating light goes to white indicating greater than 50% left.

I think its much closer to 1 tyre inflation than 5 on a single charge charge.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom