Rear tyre choice

The conti TA3 will oulast the PR5 and the R tec 01 by quite a margin, another 1500mls for me, and they have been the slowest to square off. They are fitted OE on the 1290 ADV I believe.
I have a set of TA3 on my 285kg Crosstourer........ I can tell you first hand.....they are not just for lighter bikes.

(also, I'm 130kg)

S20 5G sent this......

Try thevisorshop for tyres. Should have the pr5

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

did circa 3500 miles on the OEM Anikee adventures (surprisingly ok all around but horrendously noisy), followed by 6500 miles on the R01 (great tyres) then a further 7000 miles on TA3's (also good), then back to the R01's as i found them personally just that bit better in the wet and cold conditions.
PS great service from John at Stourbridge Motorcycle Centre on all visits.

My GS came on A41’s
I replaced with the same front and back when worn
But looking at Bridgestone website they propose T32 for touring use......
Anybody tried these .?

conti attack 3

hi what pressures are people using,im 2.4 front 2.9 rear and just cant get any feedback from front its making me nervous off chucking bike into fast corners, also white lines or tram lines make the tyres fidget about a bit ?

hi what pressures are people using,im 2.4 front 2.9 rear and just cant get any feedback from front its making me nervous off chucking bike into fast corners, also white lines or tram lines make the tyres fidget about a bit ?

In PSI 36F 42R I find the CA3 to be sensitive to tyre pressures, especially when new. Try lowering a couple of PSI front and back. I find once properly scrubbed they are fine.

36 front and 42 rear on CTA3 and I love them. Best grip, feedback and looks like lifespan, I have had out of any tyres on my GSs and GSA.

Tyres are so emotive! I had hopeless Dunlops on a previous bike (and by previous I mean a Yamaha XS400 twin cam - that's a long time ago) and I have a mental block on Dunlops ever since. I suspect they might have come on a bit in the intervening 30+ years but I'm taking no chances.

I had Metzeler Roadtec on K1600 (Roadtec 06 from memory) and they wore into very funny profiles - squared off on the back, very triangular on the front - so I'm reluctant to try Metzeler again. Michelin PR04s on the K1600 were brilliant, so I'll probably go for those when my existing Bridgestone A41s need replacing (though I've done 1800 miles on them are they still look and feel like new).

Back
Top Bottom