Blacklisted Samsung Phone...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t blacklisted lost or stolen?

I think this one is a result of an insurance scam.
Apparently, you get a new phone on a contract, then pretend it didnt arrive and sell the phone on before the phone/insurance company blacklist it, which can take days or even weeks.
Anyway, the point is, I've got a brand new phone that is unusable :blast
I suppose I could send it to Samsung.. they may be able to trace the original 'owner'?
I've posted this in the hope that someone has had a similar experience and could advise what to do next.
Needless to say, the seller has 'disappeared' :gringo

I think this one is a result of an insurance scam.
Apparently, you get a new phone on a contract, then pretend it didnt arrive and sell the phone on before the phone/insurance company blacklist it, which can take days or even weeks.
Anyway, the point is, I've got a brand new phone that is unusable :blast
I suppose I could send it to Samsung.. they may be able to trace the original 'owner'?
I've posted this in the hope that someone has had a similar experience and could advise what to do next.
Needless to say, the seller has 'disappeared' :gringo

If you have paid via Paypal on eBay, still claim.

Presumably the phone you bought was stolen?

I don't think it's reasonable to expect that it be restored to working order. Your claim should be against the seller.

Unless I've missed something.

Was it cheap?

Presumably the phone you bought was stolen?

I don't think it's reasonable to expect that it be restored to working order. Your claim should be against the seller.

Unless I've missed something.

Was it cheap?

Apparently, the phone appeared to be brand new when bought, and had all seals etc intact.
The retail price for this particular phone is over £1,000, and £500 was paid, cash in hand.
The story was that a batch was bought in bulk from the distributers before they had been allocated to a particular network company, hence they were unlocked to all networks.
Genuinly, I'm asking on behalf of a colleague.. he is making his own enquiries. My own phone is a full-price version from John Lewis, with a 2-year guarantee (If they stay in business that long!).
If nothing else, let this be a warning to anyone being offered a 'cheap' phone :rob

500 cash in hand of a job lot?

Fuck me!! Nothing to be suspicious about

Your colleague must have had a pretty good idea that something wasn't legit, and that the story they were given was obviously fake, so it might be wise to stop before they get themselves into serious trouble. Being investigated for handling stolen goods doesn't sound like it would be much fun.

Exactly. Just admit he lost 500 quid, do not go further.

Should be done for handling stolen goods. You know it's dodgy if a £1,000 phone is going for £500. You would ask the question if a brand new bike came up with no reg papers and at half the price.

Should be done for handling stolen goods. You know it's dodgy if a £1,000 phone is going for £500. You would ask the question if a brand new bike came up with no reg papers and at half the price.

Exactly.
Looking at phones on Facebook Marketplace, there are obviously dodgy ones being advertised.
How come these sellers are not being reported?... it's so blatent.

Facebook Marketplace is THE place for stolen goods. You can see them all listed, some of the items you just know that they are stolen it is so blatant.

Twattery at its best! :blast
£500 down the plug hole there I’m afraid.

yep agree with the posts on here something worth £1000 and being sold for half price should set bells ringing if its too good to be true ,it will be ! and in this case it was....you could hand this to the police ,it might help catch the seller and save others from getting ripped off by him/her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom