XV19 Stratoliner

brut33

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Spotted this today.
Always had a soft spot for them. I nearly bought one years ago but it would have replaced my HD so it was a no.
This was despite it being a better bike (at the time). Granted modern HD's are much improved these days re performance
and have caught up with the XV or even surpassed it, but not by much.
Love the art deco look, build quantity and the big air cooled lump. I'm still in love.:)

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_145554115.jpg
    IMG_20210408_145554115.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 324
You'll have to wear spats and sport a Hercule Poirot style tash if you get one of them!

I could turn up at Portsoy on one as The Great Gasby.:ChrisKelly I can just picture it on my way up there,
cutting a dash riding through Glasgow on a wet Wednesday.:D

Sadly, we can picture it too! :beerjug::beerjug::thumby::thumby:

My mate had one in his shop. Very nice bike.

There was one of those in Bill Smiths in Chester prior to the lockdown hysteria, and although the big cruisers aren't really my kind of bike, I found myself admiring it.
In fact, the more I looked at it, the more I liked it, and it felt good sitting on it.
Just like the OP, I really like the Art Deco type styling and have to say I've found myself considering seeing if it's still there, and kind of fancy buying it.

There was one of those in Bill Smith's in Chester prior to the lockdown hysteria, and although the big cruisers aren't really my kind of bike, I found myself admiring it.
In fact, the more I looked at it, the more I liked it, and it felt good sitting on it.
Just like the OP, I really like the Art Deco type styling and have to say I've found myself considering seeing if it's still there, and kind of fancy buying it.

Out of luck I think only two XVS1100’s listed on the BS website today

I like that. The design flows both from the headstock and the front axle. Very pleasing to the eye, and I guess also the ear.
Pity a poor Johnny-come-lately. What is it?

and the front axle.

Pity a poor Johnny-come-lately. What is it?

The front spindle.
It's a spindle on a bike, not an axle...unless you're a Merkin, perhaps.

What do you mean by what is it?
The title tells you.
Unless you don't realise that XVs are Yamahas, in which case, to name it fully, it's a Yamaha XV1900 Stratoliner. :thumb

There was one of those in Bill Smiths in Chester prior to the lockdown hysteria, and although the big cruisers aren't really my kind of bike, I found myself admiring it.

This was outside of Bill Smiths. Parked near the workshop door.

DOnt forget we have a can of Pink spray to add embellishmentsments

I knew saying that pink bike thing would come back to haunt me.:D

Ha ha, good one.:D

The front spindle.
It's a spindle on a bike, not an axle...unless you're a Merkin, perhaps.

What do you mean by what is it?
The title tells you.
Unless you don't realise that XVs are Yamahas, in which case, to name it fully, it's a Yamaha XV1900 Stratoliner. :thumb
I didn’t know it was a Yamaha, nor did I realise I was reading a post in the Yamaha section :blast

Back
Top Bottom