Feck me, what an idiot!

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a Cardo Packtalk for a couple of years now, after the mic on my sena 20s stopped working. After checking fault by swapping with a mate, no question that the mic itself was U/S.

Sena were not interested so bought Cardo instead. And been very happy with its performance, right up until last September, when the Vox commands stopped working!

Finally got around to seeing if its fixable, and had it set up with app running to see if it could be sorted, and was watching a youtube video on sorting this problem.

So, as the Merkin on the video was running thru the vox commmands on his unit, I noticed my cardo was responding to his voice, despite him being a lot quieter spoken than my "normal"......

Checked the settings and yep, "American English" selected not "English English"!!!:blast:blast

I suppose I must have reset the unit a some point and not realised, "user error"!!!

What a plonker, Rodney:rolleyes:

I've emailed Cardo to ask if they can add "Geordie English" to the list as that should help also:D

"Geordie English"?

You need to be more specific. Which of the two do you want?

I had mine set to US English for a while before realising.
The difference in performance is night and day.

Had a Cardo Packtalk for a couple of years now, after the mic on my sena 20s stopped working. After checking fault by swapping with a mate, no question that the mic itself was U/S.

Sena were not interested so bought Cardo instead. And been very happy with its performance, right up until last September, when the Vox commands stopped working!

Finally got around to seeing if its fixable, and had it set up with app running to see if it could be sorted, and was watching a youtube video on sorting this problem.

So, as the Merkin on the video was running thru the vox commmands on his unit, I noticed my cardo was responding to his voice, despite him being a lot quieter spoken than my "normal"......

Checked the settings and yep, "American English" selected not "English English"!!!:blast:blast

I suppose I must have reset the unit a some point and not realised, "user error"!!!

I've emailed Cardo to ask if they can add "Geordie English" to the list as that should help also:D

Not as idiotic as the knobber at work who thought it would be a wizard wheeze to set the language on all our vehicles sat navs to Serbo Croat and then no one could understand the things to set them back to standard , all of them needed factory resets

Not as idiotic as the knobber at work who thought it would be a wizard wheeze to set the language on all our vehicles sat navs to Serbo Croat and then no one could understand the things to set them back to standard , all of them needed factory resets
������

Been there, done that. I had my first Cardo Packtalk exchanged as faulty. Then realised that it actually worked fine IF I spoke to it in a stereotypical American accent. Made my wife piss herself laughing when I was figuring it out. "Hey Kerdo" worked fine, but "Hey Cardo" (as in Avocado) was ignored every time.

IIRC correctly, there was a software update that made it easier to speak English to it, but by that time I had the Schuberth C4 Pro with integrated comms. (Which by the way isn't as good as the PackTalk Bold - at least for bass in the speakers)

:D :D :D
Just like my old shift "oppo" who announced to the fitters one late shift how he'd fucked me up for when I came in the next morning, because he'd set all the wrapping machine date coder master consoles to a foreign language.
How he shat his pants when someone told him I wasn't in work the next morning, and he didn't know the "foreign" for setting up the consoles and changing the language. :D :D :thumb

Back
Top Bottom